Russian tortoise shedding is this normal?

EE torts

Location (City and/or State)
USA
Hello everyone! my 9 month old russian tortoise Pebbles seems to be shedding i have heard of some tortoises shedding but i am unsure if it is normal because it is really not discussed very much, out of all the videos and books i have read i have heard no one even talk about shedding, i think it should be discussed more because people like me new tortoise owners probably kinda freak out when we see our tortoises skin peeling of, at leased that's what i did lol :D anyways he seems to be shedding the skin on his neck and shoulders and to me it looks kinda uncomfortable should i help take it of? the skin on the neck that is shedding off seems to be rolling up on his neck because when he retracts his neck it rolls up. could it also be that he is growing so he needs to shed his skin? let me know what your guys think:)
IMG_6414.JPG IMG_6406.JPG IMG_6416.JPG

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Greetings. I wouldnt help peel any skin off. The best thing would be to give your guy a daily warm water soak to help the skin stay moist while it sheds.

Good luck.

EE torts

USA
Greetings. I wouldnt help peel any skin off. The best thing would be to give your guy a daily warm water soak to help the skin stay moist while it sheds.

Good luck.
Thanks, i will do that. so shedding is normal?

RosemaryDW

5 Year Member
Newport Coast, CA
It’s totally normal. They shed in bits and pieces mostly but the neck is the most obvious part and looks really scary the first time you see it. For my tortoise it happens at least once a year.

Just let it alone.

EE torts

USA
It’s totally normal. They shed in bits and pieces mostly but the neck is the most obvious part and looks really scary the first time you see it. For my tortoise it happens at least once a year.

Just let it alone.
Great thanks! It's his his first shed yay!

EE torts

USA

Just let it alone.
Great thanks! It's his his first shed yay!