Russian tort won't eat unless food is put directly in front of face

Toast

That's very low. Please read the care guide. You need to get it much higher.

A bit?
Every day? Once a week? Occasionally?
5 minutes? 20 minutes? Longer?
Soaking needs to be for a minimum of 20 minutes and a minimum of 3 times a week. Longer soaks and more frequent soaks are needed in warmer and dryer conditions.

More detail needed. What 'vegetables'?

I'm sorry, but for us to help you we need specific information as we can't second guess what you mean.

I soak him every day for about half an hour and i feed him dandelions and lettuce alot and sorey for not giving information quickly

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I would remove the bulb, change it out for one I mentioned and see if that helps the issue! Everything else seems to be good. Increase the variety in the diet to as much as you can find.

BrianWI

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Wisconsin
I soak him every day for about half an hour and i feed him dandelions and lettuce alot and sorey for not giving information quickly
Some lettuce isn't very nutritious. Go for the spring mix, escarole, endive. Dandelions are GREAT too, keep those coming.

Still get some water into the substrate.

How big is he? Sometimes the tortoises from petstores don't get the best care. It may take a bit to turn him around.

Can you take pictures of his eyes?

Toast

I would remove the bulb, change it out for one I mentioned and see if that helps the issue! Everything else seems to be good. Increase the variety in the diet to as much as you can find.
Okay i will try, im getting my first job soon so i will ba able to buy toast alot more food thsm just what my mom will buy

Toast

Some lettuce isn't very nutritious. Go for the spring mix, escarole, endive. Dandelions are GREAT too, keep those coming.

Still get some water into the substrate.

How big is he? Sometimes the tortoises from petstores don't get the best care. It may take a bit to turn him around.

Can you take pictures of his eyes?

Yea i use the spring mix and baby spinache and the crunchy lettuce with the purple tips. Yea when i adopted him from the store they said thwy just got him in from a donation and he didn't even have a lamp and the tank was small small
1c558440b8cd37eac368ec5e905afdc4.jpg
this is toast