Russian at WV Shelter

T33's Torts

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Neverland!
Hello!!
Well, I was on PetHarbor this morning and noticed there's STILL a Russian at the West Valley shelter in Chatsworth. They say she's a female, but 'she' looks like a male to me. But I'm not sure. This shelter is part of the LA Animal Services, and DOESN'T have a direct phone number. If you call the number, it lists all the shelters. If you pick the WV one, all it gives you is the hours and adress. I would absolutely love to adopt her, but I do not have any more space for Russians, and mine are much to territorial. If someone could please rescue her, that'd me amazing! She looks fairly good (again, to me) being her eyes are clear and she is up in her feet. Her shell is a bit beaten up, and a bit dry. She just needs a good home and lots of love. Here's the most specific link it'd give me. Click on the 'Located at' tab on the top right of grid, then select the last page (17).. she should be there. Here's the link
http://www.laanimalservices.com/looking-for-other/
Its not letting me attach a picture so give me a minute a minute to find out how to =)
Thanks!!

Yeah it's not letting me =/

turtlesteve

10 Year Member!
I called the center as a possible adopter, but the lady who answered said she couldn't release it out to anyone as it is booked as a desert tortoise (which she stated cannot be adopted to the public). She said I am welcome to come in and try to convince the supervisor it is mis-identified, but she implied that I was unlikely to be successful. They were unwilling to help or give any additional information over the phone.

I am an hour and a half away and don't really want to drive down there to be turned away. Does anyone live close by and want to try to go in and convince them? Or, they may release to someone with a permit for CDT, but I didn't ask specifically.

Steve