RF owner to be

Status
Not open for further replies.

tortania

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Oklahoma
Hello:). I don't own a RF yet, but I am expecting four of Terry's babies in April. I spent a year thinking about getting some of these beautiful torts, and where the best place would be to get them. I have to say Terry offers the best selection than any I've seen! They aren't cheap, but they aren't the highest priced ones I've seen. That said, his are the best taken care of that I've seen, and I trust him as a breeder from the testimonials I've read on his website to know what he is talking about;) I can't wait to get mine this spring!!

cvalda

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Wisconsin
It's so exciting, isn't it!?!!! I can't wait to get mine, as well! We'll have to share pics when they arrive!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I think your going to be very happy with your RF. They are some very nice creatures. I have four who I think personality wise, as a group, are my favorite torts.

tortania

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Oklahoma
cvalda said:
It's so exciting, isn't it!?!!! I can't wait to get mine, as well! We'll have to share pics when they arrive!
Yes!!!! We definitely have to exchange pics:D.

tortania

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Oklahoma
Jacqui said:
I think your going to be very happy with your RF. They are some very nice creatures. I have four who I think personality wise, as a group, are my favorite torts.
I'm sure you are right, Jacqui:). How old are the four you have? Are you going to breed in the future?

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
They are 2-3 yr olds as I recall. It was so funny when first had a cold night and had to bring them in temporarily overnight, I tried putting them into the enclosure they had wintered in the year before since the new one wasn't quite done. What a shock. I knew they had grown, but seeing them in the old enclosure overnight really brought home to me just how much growing they did during the summer.

I plan to when they are old enough. Right now I keep avoiding checking to see what gender they are. I have this fear they will all turn out to be males and I can't imagine not keeping any of them. They each have such special personalities and likes.

tortania

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Oklahoma
Jacqui said:
They are 2-3 yr olds as I recall. It was so funny when first had a cold night and had to bring them in temporarily overnight, I tried putting them into the enclosure they had wintered in the year before since the new one wasn't quite done. What a shock. I knew they had grown, but seeing them in the old enclosure overnight really brought home to me just how much growing they did during the summer.

I plan to when they are old enough. Right now I keep avoiding checking to see what gender they are. I have this fear they will all turn out to be males and I can't imagine not keeping any of them. They each have such special personalities and likes.

Wow..I bet that was a shock, lol. They grow so fast! I couldn't imagine getting rid of something I had taken care of for so long as well....guess you'll just have to buy a lot of females if that's the case, huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.