Remedies for colds?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PoisonOrchid

5 Year Member
Hey Guys
As the title said, I have a pretty bad cold.
Being an opera singer, I cant have a cold for extended periods of time because I will end up losing my voice, and there goes my performances down the drain
My choir teacher recommended honey and lemon tea, but that has never helped in the past.
And salt water gargles, and even cayenne peepers...
Nothing seems to help. :(
Anyone got any remedies or even tradtions for colds? That dont involve alcohol though? lol underage, so no alcohol :)
Thanks! :)

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
CA
wow an opera singer? do you have any music we could hear? I normally just let a cold or fever run it's course.

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
Eat a lemon (literally)! As you would an orange...peel it and eat it (with a 2 tablespoons of honey). You should be back to normal within a day or two.

***Works wonders for my wife and kids...Me? I hate honey, so I stick with the chewable Cs...2500mg a day***

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
Have you ever tried Airborne or Emergen-C? (I haven't, but I've heard good things about them!)
Basically OD on vitamin C and you should get better fairly quickly ;)

jackrat

5 Year Member
Hamburg,AR
Doctor Tichners antiseptic sprayed in the back of the throat.Five drops of kerosine on a sugar cube,let it melt in your mouth and swallow.

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Nice hot home made chicken soup....two Sudafed (sp) severe cold tablets....and suck on some zinc lozenges.

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
You can go to a health food store and buy some Astragalus to boost the immune system. This is safe to use everyday. I also use Echinacea and Goldenseal when I get a bad cold. The Goldenseal is for the throat. I also take 6 to 8 vitamin C's (500 mg) 2 to 3 times a day, but to tell you the truth when I get a cold that just won't let go rest seems to be the best overall thing that you can do to get rid of it quickly. Once you do that start taking the Astragalus as a preventative. :D No milk or milk products.

PoisonOrchid

5 Year Member
I took some multi vitamins and too zicam and had lots of ginger tea
I cant eat raw fruits or veges as Im allergic to them.
And I did sleep a lot! :)
I will get some vitamin C tomorrow hopefully

I have no clips of me singing but here is an example of what aria I am working on right now. I will try to have a video of an aria soon though. :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERsjRsCBlBo

Thanks guys! :)
I am a coloratura soprano, so I can hit those notes

dannomite

5 Year Member
You could try Glutamine, its pretty cheap and you can use it when your not sick too to help your body recover from other things...

Im not sure how to tell if you are deficient in Glutamine, but it wont hurt to take some anyways. I use it all the time for working out.

Glutamine: The amino acid glutamine is an important fuel for some cells of the immune system. During times of disease, stress, and extreme exercise, certain parts of the body demand so much glutamine that the body can’t manufacture enough. In these instances, taking two-three grams of glutamine three times a day could stimulate your immune system and help you ward off viruses.

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
PoisonOrchid said:
I took some multi vitamins and too zicam and had lots of ginger tea
I cant eat raw fruits or veges as Im allergic to them.
And I did sleep a lot! :)
I will get some vitamin C tomorrow hopefully

I have no clips of me singing but here is an example of what aria I am working on right now. I will try to have a video of an aria soon though. :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERsjRsCBlBo

Thanks guys! :)
I am a coloratura soprano, so I can hit those notes

That's interesting about the fruits and veggies. Which ones are you allergic to all of them? :(

Status
Not open for further replies.