Redford carrot bath

Location (City and/or State)
arlington tx
I've been browsing thru a lot of red foot care post and I've seen a few references to using carrot baby food when soaking a sick tortoise. So my questions are what are the benefits and how do you actually mix it up?

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
The carrot soak is used with torts that are sick and haven't eaten in a while. They shouldn't be necessary otherwise.

The idea is that the tort ingests some sugars while taking water on board much in the same way as you might use an electrolyte to help with hydration when sick with diarrhoea.

It is simply a case of mixing some pureed carrot designed for babies with the soaking water.

As I said, it's not needed for healthy torts or those that have been on hunger strike for a few days. This is for more serious cases.

arlington tx
The carrot soak is used with torts that are sick and haven't eaten in a while. They shouldn't be necessary otherwise.

The idea is that the tort ingests some sugars while taking water on board much in the same way as you might use an electrolyte to help with hydration when sick with diarrhoea.

It is simply a case of mixing some pureed carrot designed for babies with the soaking water.

As I said, it's not needed for healthy torts or those that have been on hunger strike for a few days. This is for more serious cases.
OK thanks for the fast reply