Redfoot Prolapse?

Arsenal/Speedy

Location (City and/or State)
Virginia
Hey I’m new to the forum and I have two Redfoots that are approximately 10 months old and I have had them since early November. This afternoon I noticed this protruding from one of them. Speedy pooped today and does so regularly and has not changed in behavior at all. I’ve tried a warm soak and sugar trick to see if I could get it to reduce with no such luck. After looking up prolapses it doesn’t seem to really look as bad as a lot of them but I’m still very concerned for the baby. IMG_1561084671.177861.jpgIMG_1561084751.144256.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Take the pad of one of your smaller fingers and gently press on it to push it back inside. You may have to stand there and hold it in until he quits pushing. If your fingers are too big you can us the eraser end of a pencil. Main thing is to not allow it to dry out. It doesn't look like the tip of a penis, so it may be part of an organ. If it dries out, it dies, then it has to be surgically removed. Do you have a good tortoise vet?

Arsenal/Speedy

Virginia
Talked to the vet Friday morning and explained everything and they were not concerned enough to be brought in right away got seen this morning and after discussion we decided to sedate him enough to figure out exactly what it was and get it pushed back in and place the suture. Turns out that the little guy has a birth defect. He has a second phallus that is lateral slightly coming from a fistula that has formed. He is getting fully anesthetized to have it amputated next Monday morning due to the fear of not knowing where the fistula leads into. Needless to say it was an interesting vet visit.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Interesting
Keep us informed please

Arsenal/Speedy

Virginia
Speedy had surgery yesterday and the vet said it went really well and that it was much less involved than she was anticipating. He’s definitely feeling funny and acting a lil funny but he was doing good when we got home. Now had a couple days of injections for pain and some antibiotic cream for a bit.