Redfoot Owner's Near Cleveland, Ohio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Olive's Mom

5 Year Member
Hi everyone!! I was wondering if any of the redfoot owners here on the forum are near the Cleveland area??
I ask because I took in Olive about 2 months ago from a friend that needed to get her a home asap! She was not able to provide her the proper care at all. I love her a lot, she has the most adorable little personality, but feel that I may not have the time needed to give her the BEST possible care and attention that she deserves! (I think part of it may be that I worry too much about her, her home, her humidity....everything!!) Anyways, I was thinking of possibly finding her a wonderful home that could give her more attention than I can provide her. If anyone might be interested, and can promise to love her and give her a wonderful home, please let me know.
I hate to think about letting her go, it makes me really sad actually, but I want what is best for her....she is the most important, not my feelings.
Thanks everyone!!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and WELCOME.:D. Maybe post a pic of her and age, size(length). You may also want to consider shipping her if there is no one close to you. I don't know a member of this forum that wouldn't give her a good loving home. Good luck.

Olive's Mom

5 Year Member
Thank you for your response! I certainly chose to post it here because everyone has been so nice and seems to genuinely care for there torts and turtles.
I can post a picture but I don't know much about her in terms of her age. I don't think she is older than a year or so from what she told me. Her shell is about 6 inches long or so.
Shipping her.....that makes me nervous?? Won't it stress her out terribly??

lisa127

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
NE Ohio
I'm in the Cleveland area but I'm not a current redfoot owner. I have box turtles at the moment. Can you post the pic? Does she come with an enclosure, or just her?

Olive's Mom

5 Year Member
Hi Lisa!! I have attached a couple of pictures of her. (For some reason I can not get it to post more than one so I will add the other in a different message I guess!) She is such a sweet girl!!
She will come with everything! I have her in, I believe, a 50 or 55 gallon terrarium. She will come with everything in it in terms of hide, rocks, water dish. I also have a small under tank heater attached to help with warmth and humidity. She has her lamps for heat, uvb, night lamp and also a ceramic heat emitter.
I don't have any substrate to send with her but I am just using cypress mulch and it has help humidity really well. I got a big bag at Home Depot for like 3 bucks!!
Please let me know if you might be interested in having her in your home!
P.S....You mentioned that your were not a current redfoot owner....have you had a redfoot before?

Another picture of my girl!! I hope this helps to show her length....

Attachments

• IMAG0160.jpg
    IMAG0160.jpg
    851 KB · Views: 22
  • IMAG0159.jpg
    IMAG0159.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 21
Status
Not open for further replies.