Recommended WiFi camera for pitch black enclosure.

SanctuaryHills

Location (City and/or State)
Miami, FL
Hi guys! So I'd like to spy on my tortoises while they are in their night box and was wondering what you guys would recommend.

The enclosure is pretty well insulated so the camera would be working in a pitch black environment (if that's not possible I could look into a small LED?)

Another factor to consider is the humidity. I'm in South Florida and the humidity level in the enclosure is always around 70-80%

I currently have Yi cameras installed throughout my house and I'm very pleased with them plus I wouldn't need a separate app. I just don't know how they would perform in a totally dark environment.

What y'all think?

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Hi guys! So I'd like to spy on my tortoises while they are in their night box and was wondering what you guys would recommend.

The enclosure is pretty well insulated so the camera would be working in a pitch black environment (if that's not possible I could look into a small LED?)

Another factor to consider is the humidity. I'm in South Florida and the humidity level in the enclosure is always around 70-80%

I currently have Yi cameras installed throughout my house and I'm very pleased with them plus I wouldn't need a separate app. I just don't know how they would perform in a totally dark environment.

What y'all think?
I have a Feit WiFi outdoor camera. It has night vision but I've never tried it in complete darkness. I also have a Mobi baby cam that is an inside only with night vision. It is in complete darkness and it's a halfway decent view. This is just my opinion but with the improvements over the years, probably if a halfway decent camera has night vision it works. I would use an outdoor camera though because of the humidity. I do wish that mobi had an outdoor camera so that I would only need one app but it is what it is.

Ddflinn

SPRING VALLEY CA

What y'all think?
I use YI camera with the infrared turned on at night mode.

Yelloweyed

5 Year Member
SoCal California
I like my Wyze outdoor cams and V3 cams. You can put in SD cards and don’t have to use their paid iCloud storage. It also has the infrared night viewing as well.