Rebuild, Resize, BETTER. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

doubledfight

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Arkansas
so , everyone ,. i have some really good news. my dad still doesnt like the idea of me REbuilding my three toed box turtle - Ripplee's- cage somewhere else in the yard.
so my mom gave him the idea of fixing it up .
so were gonna meausre it make it larger . make it look nice .
by some grass seeds.
my mom is takin me to lowes tomorrow.
and imma get some hosta's and ferns . , and other plants if yall have any good ideas for good types of plants lemme know. :)
and im going to look at the pond stuff and build a little pond for him too. :D
im so excited. and happpy, oh and Roman my other box turtle got out of the current cage that ripplee and him are in ,
so he is gone.
i might find him , but i have LOOKED EVERYWHERE.
and cant find him .
anyways.
, im so excited to fix his cage, ill put pictures up when im finished. :D

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
That's very good news! Those little critters are good at escaping. Something to think about when you re-build - cap the corners. You might even put a lip all the way around that extends into the habitat so they can't climb out. They really don't eat grass, so don't plant grass seed in there. Its too much trouble keeping it clipped down. Can't wait to see some pictures of the new habitat.

jackrat

5 Year Member
Hamburg,AR
Definately the right direction to focus your efforts.Your boxie will be happier and healthier for it.

Missy

5 Year Member
Illinois
So happy to hear your parents are letting you fix up his pen. Post some pics when you get it done.

doubledfight

5 Year Member
Arkansas
well i just got back from lowes and bought like a million plants for his cage.
andd i gotta save more money cause the ponds are expensive !
haha.

K9KidsLove

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Hi...congratulations on being able to rebuild. Since box turtles don't swim so much as they soak, I use paint roller pans in each of their corrals. They get the water dirty nearly every day. I would hate to have to clean out a pond as often as I have to clean their pans! What are you making the pen out of?
I use flashing from Home Depot that is used for houses. It comes in a roll. I dig a little trench so I can bury some of it so they have a harder time digging out. I make it in an oval shape & put 2" x 2" posts in the ground to screw it to. They are less apt to dig out if there is solid fencing. I like the flashing cause it is too slippery for them to climb. If you have wildlife, make sure you make a cover for your pen so he doesn't get carried off or killed.
How old are you?
Good luck with your new pen.
Patsy

doubledfight

5 Year Member
Arkansas
well for the pond i was planning on buying a filter.
oh and im bout to post some pictures. so you can look at them and see what i built the walls out of.
im 13 .
and i already finished , :D
thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.