"Rare" Box Turtles, Pueblo, CO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Floof

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Planning a trip to visit my sister, so figured I'd browse the area's classifieds... This ad especially caught my eye, so thought I'd share. My favorite part is where he states they "thrive on neglect"... Recipe for disaster, much?

http://pueblo.craigslist.org/for/2595949300.html
"I have "Rare - Uncomon" Box Turtles for sale. I have the very hard to come by Easterns, 3-Toes. Drop Dead Gorgous !! I have had these for years and have decided to part with them. They live outside all year and even hibernate in the ground during the winter. Very easy to care for and thrive on neglict. Prices range from $45-$70. Males and females available. Call quick as they won't last! Mark (719) 248-3825 "

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
3 toes are probably the cheapest and most common out there, I still like them, but seriously. Almost sounds like a collector to me.

Floof

10 Year Member!
Southern California
My thoughts exactly... The good news is, being housed outdoors, they're probably in pretty good health... But with the way he's advertising, that won't last long in the new homes. That's part of why I reposted it here--hoping maybe some Colorado TFO members would be interested relatively healthy boxies (and "rescuing" them from potential future homes).

Status
Not open for further replies.