Random Russian pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

cvalda

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Wisconsin
Seven of the eight out eating this morning! (Truth be told, I put two of them there, but the others came on their own!)
103_4380.jpg

Six of them basking after their breakfast (under three lights).
103_4385.jpg

A close-up of little Elentari trying to clear a path... why she couldn't just go around them is the question!!
103_4388.jpg

And where was she going? The little water dish, of course! When a girl needs a drink, there's no getting in her way!
103_4394.jpg

"What are you looking at?" "No, what are YOU looking at?" "Wait, what are THEY looking at?!?!"
103_4391.jpg

"I'm looking at YOU!"
103_4400.jpg

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
Great pictures of everybody Kelly :D They look good in the new enclosure. :D

Danny

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
NJ
Everyone looks happy Kelly! Is everyone getting along ok?

cvalda

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Wisconsin
Thanks everyone! Yep they are all getting along really well so far! There's been an increase in "head bobbing" (LOL) but that's it! They each have an area they like, so they generally spread out a bit! It was definately worth the time and effort!

JustAnja

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Arkansas
Looks fantastic Kelly! You did a great job with that enclosure.

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Great shots Kelly as well as your narrations. I can just see them saying that too.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
:D Kelly your threads are almost a guarantee chuckle, this one is no exception. :D

cvalda

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Wisconsin
Got a pic of ALL EIGHT eating together today! :)
103_4426.jpg

So far there's been no aggression between the three males (eating together here), but once those hormones start to flow I'll have to watch them, I'm sure!
103_4436.jpg

Carmine and El are the two little girls of the group, and are still BEST buddies!
103_4439.jpg

Beautiful Elentari...
103_4450.jpg

And petite Carmine (my first tortoise!)
103_4462.jpg

Hurley couldn't resist having a solo pic of himself done! (He may be quiet, but he is the slightest big vain, too, methinks!)
103_4470.jpg

Billy found a piece of stray food in the water dish!
103_4476.jpg

Jentortmom

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Cute pictures, love them. What do you use for substrate in that pen??

cvalda

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Wisconsin
the main section is a 50/50 bed-a-brick/playsand mix. The eating area is just a peice of plywood. the "digging" box is just deep deep bed-a-brick. and the sleepign area is deep deep timothy haykob.

K9KidsLove

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
cvalda said:
the main section is a 50/50 bed-a-brick/playsand mix. The eating area is just a peice of plywood. the "digging" box is just deep deep bed-a-brick. and the sleepign area is deep deep timothy haykob.

What are the dementions of your enclosure? Have you marked your kids so you know what name goes with who? I can see that a few are very different from the others but there are also some that look so much alike...how do you tell?
And what is haykob?
You have some beauties & handsome dudes!!
Patsy

cvalda

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Wisconsin
K9KidsLove said:
What are the dementions of your enclosure? Have you marked your kids so you know what name goes with who? I can see that a few are very different from the others but there are also some that look so much alike...how do you tell?
And what is haykob?
You have some beauties & handsome dudes!!
Patsy

Well it's changed a little bit since these pictures actually... it's a bit bigger even, now... it's about 12' x 6.5', and will likely be expanded again soon!

Only one of my torts is marked, and only because he came that way. I can just tell them all apart, as can my son (who helps me care for them). There are really only two pairs that look similar to each other (to me) but there are things about them that distinguish one from the next!

Hay-Kob, I believe, is just hay that is hand sorted to pull out all the yucky stuff. It's really nice and light and fluffy, my torts LOVE it. I have a couple that I "catch" snacking on it every day!

Status
Not open for further replies.