random pics - RTs and RF

Status
Not open for further replies.

cvalda

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Wisconsin
You've all realized how easily amused I am, right?!? LOL! The eight RT's are in their big enclosure, and I found half of them lined up under one basking light... obviously the choice spot, as there are two other basking lights...

103_4152.jpg

103_4156.jpg

I was so happy to see them together like that, especially since the one on the left, Billy, is just off quarantine so this is the first he's had other Torts around since I got him. And the little one on the right is Elentari, who hasn't lived with such "MONSTERS" (big'uns). I'm happy they're getting along (so far... no hormones flowing yet, though... so things may change with the weather! LOL!)

And my Red-Foot pride and joy... Shuto, my 7+ incher... definately the most rewarding of the lot of 'em right now! I know the banana is not something she should have often but it was what I had at hand and she was out and about and since she ate it out of my hand (don't worry, I only let her have about 6 bites), I made the exception. Needless to say I am THRILLED to have her eat from my hand! After she ate I rubbed her shell a little, which at first she HATED but after a few seconds she stood still and was okay with it. She's still not comfortable having her head pet yet, tho. All in due time!

103_4172.jpg

103_4176.jpg

Yep she has just a little banana on her nose in that second picture! She wore it with pride! She walked around and around her enclosure showing it off! ROFL!

That said, I really feel like I need to come up with something bigger for her!!! The twin bed frame is currently free, but I think that might be a bugger to keep humid. Dunno exactly know what I should get for her... wish I had an extra bathtub laying around! ROFL!

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Kelly, you always take such great pics and I love the narrations. But the one with Shuto wearing her Banana is absolutely precious. Love her colors. Was she under a light? Or what lighting did you use?

cvalda

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Wisconsin
Thanks! I did a close up with the flash on the camera... I try not to do that too much but in this case it brought out her lovely colors!!!! (I wonder if someone here can tell me what type of RF she is... Columbian or what?!?!)

Redfoot NERD

10 Year Member!
Tennessee
cvalda said:
Thanks! I did a close up with the flash on the camera... I try not to do that too much but in this case it brought out her lovely colors!!!! (I wonder if someone here can tell me what type of RF she is... Columbian or what?!?!)

I thought you didn't like "RED" torts?

Are you asking if we know anyone that knows a Suriname redfoot when they see one???

Wait long enough and somebody may come along that might know Kelly!

Terry

cvalda

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Wisconsin
ROFL Terry, thanks!!! So that means I have a Suriname, Columbian, Guyana... one of each of those. Wow! I'll have to get more pics up of Ashi and see what she is!

I didn't think I liked the red.... TOTALLY creep in pictures! She was one of the two I got at the one petstore that begged me to take them both at a nice discount... so I took her and the red is growing on me, but I REALLY like her facial coloring - that yellow with orange.

But with that said, I'd have to say that the chocolate/banana colored sweeties are STILL my favorite!

Aw heck, but I think I just need all the colors now! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.