random question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ratchet99

5 Year Member
Om has recently taken to following my hand around his enclosure. I wonder whether he's figured out that the hand appears and suddenly theres food, but I'm nervous to let him to close to my hand incase he's actually planning to bite me. I know on here they say Russians dont tend to bite, but I'm wondering whether he's starting to get territorial?

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
CA
if you hand feed him, he could be associating your hand with food, he could also recognize that when the hand appears food also appears. He might also be wondering what that giant thing in the air(your hand) is doing. he might also be territorial, it is a tortoise thing.

Ratchet99

5 Year Member
Lol, thankyou. I hand feed occasionally but on the most part his food is in a bowl, but I think you might be right, hes figured out the hand brings nom! Hopefully it's not a territory thing as that wouldn't be fun!

kimber_lee_314

10 Year Member!
So Cal
Yes, mine know that when I enter their enclosure I usually have food for them. They go crazy and sometimes nip at my feet - not because they are being vicious, just because they know I have food and are so excited to eat they start chomping on anything. :) My Russians are always crazy hungry - no matter how much food they get!

nikki0601

5 Year Member
Bonifay, FL
My Sully waits right by his food spot when he sees me reach in he knows my hands mean food, he walks right over to me and gets right in the way, never has tried to bite though he has niped me while I was hand feeding, dont think I will do that any more

Status
Not open for further replies.