Quick question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

llllshaunllll

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
I'm feeding my tort every day quite alot "untill its full up" should I feed it this much? so it eats as much as it wants? Thanks. ;)

reptileeats

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Alabama
Overeating is a sign of a healthy tortoise so your guy is most likely overeating. I wouldn't suggest feeding as much as they want. What kind of tortoise do you have? Age? Size?

cvalda

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Wisconsin
I did just that and my healthy girls ended up FAT now I have to watch the amount I feed them so they can lose some weight!

reptileeats

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Alabama
Kelly, I love the names of your torts. Dozer especially is a great name for a tort. All are so original.

cvalda

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Wisconsin
Thanks! I love names and I love naming things!!! Dozer is the new Greek my son got today! He named him that, actually! LOL! (He also named Billy, Hurley, Howie, Elentari and Varda, so I can't take credit for those!)

JustAnja

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Arkansas
I havent even thought about names for the new redfoots, im just not used to naming my reptiles. When there are 200+ snakes its hard to keep up with names. (there have been times when I had over 400!!!!)

My Box Turtles dont have names either lol, I have 7 of those. Trace came by his name easily since I always liked the name Trace and I got him from Tracy. :) My friend Ginny suggested some H names for the Hermanns when I had all 3 of them. Now only Horatio remains until I can find him some girlfriends. (I actually had a dog named Horatio once) Ive always liked the name Cadence so one of the redfoots might get that one. Maybe the big girl, then I could come up with something gender neutral for the smaller one just in case. hehe

Anyways to stay on topic, Shaun I would advise letting your little piglet there eat for 20 minutes then take up anything that remains after that, each day. :) Just a suggestion.

llllshaunllll

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
reptileeats said:
Overeating is a sign of a healthy tortoise so your guy is most likely overeating. I wouldn't suggest feeding as much as they want. What kind of tortoise do you have? Age? Size?

My tort is small its 7cm long 6cm wide. Also its a golden greek. ;)

llllshaunllll

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
JustAnja said:
I havent even thought about names for the new redfoots, im just not used to naming my reptiles. When there are 200+ snakes its hard to keep up with names. (there have been times when I had over 400!!!!)

My Box Turtles dont have names either lol, I have 7 of those. Trace came by his name easily since I always liked the name Trace and I got him from Tracy. :) My friend Ginny suggested some H names for the Hermanns when I had all 3 of them. Now only Horatio remains until I can find him some girlfriends. (I actually had a dog named Horatio once) Ive always liked the name Cadence so one of the redfoots might get that one. Maybe the big girl, then I could come up with something gender neutral for the smaller one just in case. hehe

Anyways to stay on topic, Shaun I would advise letting your little piglet there eat for 20 minutes then take up anything that remains after that, each day. :) Just a suggestion.

You have 200+ snakes?? what snakes do you keep, i love them! I have a 5ft common Boa constrictor, and a small baby 4ft 6" reticulated python. =]

cvalda

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Wisconsin
JustAnja said:

Dude, I would LOVE to have 200 things to name!!! Can I come to your house and name them all!?! ROFL!

JustAnja

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Arkansas
llllshaunllll said:
JustAnja said:

You have 200+ snakes?? what snakes do you keep, i love them! I have a 5ft common Boa constrictor, and a small baby 4ft 6" reticulated python. =]

Yup we do. Cornsnake morphs, hybrid colubrids, rattlesnakes, tree vipers, desert vipers and cobras. You can look at the first link below my name and get an idea of some of the snakes we have. Ive been keeping venomous myself for nearly 15 years. ;)

Kelly you can come name them all anytime. lol

JustAnja

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Arkansas
No I have not, Ive had close calls but no bites. (well not by any of my venomous ;) )

llllshaunllll

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
JustAnja said:
No I have not, Ive had close calls but no bites. (well not by any of my venomous ;) )

Thats really good! well done with your snakes. ;)

JustAnja

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Arkansas
20 minutes ;) Leave the food 20 minutes each day the remove it OR go with whatever your gut tells you. lol Its really a matter of preference.

Status
Not open for further replies.