Question on new baby sulcata

Status
Not open for further replies.

Floof

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Daveh219 said:
I found the 160 watt powersun bulb. will this be ok? or should I get the 100 watt powersun?

With the height and size of your table, the 160 watt should be fine. Just be prepared to play with the height of the bulb, raising/lowering it, until you have the right basking temps, just like with any other bulb.

If you don't already have a digital thermometer, pick one up while you're getting the Powersun, so you're better able to know if/when the temps are right. Having the right temperatures is a VERY important part of any reptile's care.

Daveh219

5 Year Member
Alright thank you. I just wasn't sure if the 160 watt powersun would be too warm for her. I'll grab a digital thermometer while I'm there too

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Daveh219 said:
Alright thanks Tom. I appreciate the advice.

Do you agree that the UVB compact lights are bad for the torts? I used one for my russian for a long time and never heard of them causing eye infections?

Yes, absolutely. We've seen it here on the forum many times. Some of the time, those coil bulbs seem to burn their eyes and blind them. I've seen it too many times to call it coincidence. I'd never use them on my animals.

Daveh219

5 Year Member
Thanks Tom. I appreciate the advice and info. I am going to pick up a 160 watt powersun bulb right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.