Pudding Stones?

cdmay

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Somewhere in Florida
A side hobby of mine is the Japanese art of Suiseki, or stone appreciation/collecting. A number of years ago an old friend from Michigan kept telling about 'pudding stones' from there. He eventually gave me one (that I still have) after a trip he made home.
Does anyone else know of these things? Except for the Internet, I've never heard anything about them.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Yes, I have heard of them, don't really know a lot about them. A lot of people that make jewelry from the Michigan Petoskey stones, also make jewelry from the pudding stones. I personally am not a big fan of them, the pudding stones that is. If you do a google search for Michigan pudding stone, you will find a lot on it.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Ha. After looking at pictures on the 'net, I realize that I've seen this before, but always figured it was a hunk of cement with stones in it. Never knew it had a name.

cdmay

10 Year Member!
Somewhere in Florida
Ha. After looking at pictures on the 'net, I realize that I've seen this before, but always figured it was a hunk of cement with stones in it. Never knew it had a name.

Yeah, same here. If I didn't know better, I would have easily believed that my stone is some kind of cement with a mixture of broken bricks and pebbles in it.

newCH

5 Year Member
So.FL
Thats a new one to me also !

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
That's really quite pretty - that is, from a geological point of view.