PROUD Owner of a baby sulcata!

Status
Not open for further replies.

shmily1605

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Sardis, MS
Hello folks. My name is Meredith and I just got my baby Sulcata in. After researching for a few months, including this website ofcourse, I feel like I am ready to provide the best care for her or him.

I’ll tell you about my experience getting the sulcata here. The lady shipped me the first one through the USPS. Sadly it has been 7 days and I have never received the package. It just broke my heart. I then found out that USPS does not even allow reptiles to be shipped. The lady that shipped him/her said that she always used them and that the people at her local post office said it was ok. Anyways, she shipped another one through FedEx and I am happy to say he just got here. :D
I soaked him and now I am just waiting for him to come on out of his shell. ;) I’m gonna leave him alone until he gets more comfortable. I will post pics soon. I am sooooo happy. I look forward to posting often

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Welcome to the forum Meredith!
That is so sad for the little one, do you know what happened to him :( ?
Congratulations on you new little one, I can't wait to see his pic :D

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Meredith:

Welcome to the forum!!

movealongmosey

5 Year Member
Cincinnati Ohio
Baby tortoises are the best, the worst is having to wait for them. :p Congrats on the new baby, and welcome to the forum!

TurbosMom

5 Year Member
Arizona
I'm a newbie too, everyone here is awesome and very helpful ! Welcome !

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
Welcome to the forum. How old is your new baby? Make sure you follow all the guidelines you will find on this forum to ensure that your hatchling survives and thrives. Tortoise babies are very fragile.

Can't wait to see photos of the little widget. :D

shmily1605

5 Year Member
Sardis, MS
Thank you all for the warm welcomes. I have some crazy news. The first one that was lost just came in! And he is alive and doing great. The poor thing spent 7 days lost !!!:( I did not think he would be alive. So now I have 2 baby sulcatas. The first was born Feb. 2 2010 and the little baby that was lost during shipping was born April 24 2010. I just cant believe how great the little one is doing. He has been soaked and has eat and is running around and now he is asleep. :D I will post pics soon.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hello and welcome. Two sulcatas, wow. Its pretty amazing what they can survive sometimes.

shmily1605

5 Year Member
Sardis, MS
I cant figure out how to upload pics but I will soon. I gotta go to bed. :)

Tom said:
Hello and welcome. Two sulcatas, wow. Its pretty amazing what they can survive sometimes.

I know...I was really shocked because I read that the little ones can get dehydrated overnight.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
shmily1605 said:

Tom said:

I know...I was really shocked because I read that the little ones can get dehydrated overnight.

Good point. Did you soak him once he got there. I soak him every day for a while. What am I saying? I soak mine every day anyway!

shmily1605

5 Year Member
Sardis, MS
Tom said:
shmily1605 said:

Tom said:

Good point. Did you soak him once he got there. I soak him every day for a while. What am I saying? I soak mine every day anyway!

O yeah. Thats the first thing I did.

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
I am so happy the first one is ok :D Now you have 2 Sulcatas! Congratulations on the second one!

Status
Not open for further replies.