Pretend chat 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sulcata_Sandy

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Pacific NorthWET
Save yourself some grief. Change the litter for shredded newspaper. Line the bottom of the pan with regular newspaper, folded in many layers, the shred a bunch on the top and toss in a handful of his regular litter. Way less messy and good for environment.

Keep on the Lactulose, I can't recommend it enough. He may need to fast a few days to empty his gut, and let it rest. Sorta like a pimple, it can't heal if you keep picking at it. Every time you feed an animal, the gut needs to work at digesting it. If it has no time to rest, how can it heal? I'm a huge advocate for fasting for 24 hours and letting the intestinal vilae rest and regenerate.

And don't tell your DVM but I think he's on too many meds. Highly digestible food, and Lactulose and time. Leave him alone, let him rest, heal, recover. No baths, no vet visits, just sleep.

This is sandy the long time animal lover speaking, not sandy the overly educated vet tech.
It's totally your decision.

StarSapphire22

5 Year Member
Fargo, ND
He's a paper eater. Don't know why. If it's paper he tries to at least chew it, if not eat it. I come home sometimes to bills, etc. that I forgot on the kitchen table all nommed up, and he's just looking at me like, "What?"

I fed him yesterday and he ate a decent amount (makes sense since he hadn't eaten in like 3 days), but today he's turning his nose up at it. He's not starving, so I'm not too concerned about it, but this is the cat that will claw your eyes out to try and get your human food, and climbs up your leg when you're dishing out his, so to me it's just like, woah he REALLY must be just miserable. He's a little fattie normally.

I'd like to get him off the stool softeners. The pain meds are done now...but yes, I agree, this is just too much. I won't mind keeping him on the Cisapride and Lactulose...I've also got some Laxatone on hand now, but I haven't given him any since he's on his current cocktail. I just wish we didn't have to do the Cisapride 3x/day. He really hates the pills being shoved in his mouth, he started foaming earlier. 0.o

Thanks Sandy. <3

Sulcata_Sandy

5 Year Member
Pacific NorthWET
ImageUploadedByTortForum1383893333.973720.jpg

Oliver in Pastel

I'm experimenting

Anyone want it? Free. I set it in a water ring from a tasty beverage. So it's ruined.
But I'm happy to send it to anyone that would like it for a collage or whathaveyou

Last edited by a moderator:

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Well, you can't feed him pills and not have something to help with digestion. I would give some soft white bread wrapped around the pill. It's no wonder he's foaming at the mouth. Aww, I feel so bad for him. Btw, he's so cute!

oh, I want it...he's my favorite!!
Sulcata_Sandy said:
Oliver in Pastel

I'm experimenting

Anyone want it? Free. I set it in a water ring from a tasty beverage. So it's ruined.
But I'm happy to send it to anyone that would like it for a collage or whathaveyou

StarSapphire22

5 Year Member
Fargo, ND
We tried doing a pill wrap around it and he acted like it was poison. We called the vet and were like, "Uh, what do we do?" And they said to either hide it in wet food (which was met with a "Are you KIDDING me." face) or to put it in his mouth, hold it shut, and blow in his nose to make him swallow. Unfortunately that's all that's worked so far. I feel so mean. :(

I made a poster to hang at a couple shops in town...what do you guys think?

Stormy poster.jpg

I feel like it's wordy. Not sure how to shorten it. I was the student who struggled with the 1,000 words or less assignments...most students messed with size and spacing to make it look bigger...I had to make it look smaller! :p

Also, this video just made my crappy day a little better. I laughed so hard! XD
http://9gag.tv/v/1384

Nevermind. My fiance suggested the little ripoff tabbies for the website...and it doesn't print well, so back to the drawing board. :p

Last edited by a moderator:

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Your guy is right, you need those rip off tabs, because folks won't remember where to go and most of us do not carry paper and pen with us.

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Columbia, SC
Or create one of those QR codes (the black scannable square things).

In other news, it's my birthday! Nothing too exciting planned other than a meal out with the bf and probably movies at home. I'm going to be baking myself a cake soon enough.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
RosieRedfoot said:
Or create one of those QR codes (the black scannable square things).

In other news, it's my birthday! Nothing too exciting planned other than a meal out with the bf and probably movies at home. I'm going to be baking myself a cake soon enough.

So happy birthday already!!! What are you gonna get yourself?

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Good morning crew! Happy b-day Kim. How's Stormy today Jessica.

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Columbia, SC
Making a yellow cake with chocolate frosting. My favorite!

Thanks for the birthday wishes!

I do hate my oven here... My cake is unlevel and cooked uneven despite rotating. But hopefully still tasty!

Sulcata_Sandy

5 Year Member
Pacific NorthWET
Sibi, it's yours.
PM me your address.

It's just a fast sketch, and I just bought this set of pastels and was doodling. I haven't used pastels since college, so 20 something years, and these are not like what I used, LOL. So I'm just goofing off and playing with color and blending.

I will drop it in the mail today for you.

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Columbia, SC
Poor stormy, hope he can get better soon!

So my cake looks like a five year old frosted it... Since it was unlevel I had to cut the tops to level it and then one of the edges kind of crumbled into the frosting so I frosted over it and covered in random valentines day sprinkles I had on hand lol.

StarSapphire22

5 Year Member
Fargo, ND
Thanks! Stormy's being hospitalized again, for more enemas, fluids, and another attempt at manual removal. If this fails, vet says surgery is our only other option, and it's dangerous. We'll also probably have to rebreak his hip. :(

Your cake sounds delicious. I like mushing my cake up with ice cream. Doesn't matter how it looks then. :)

Thalatte

5 Year Member
You know whats really good with yellow cake and chocolate frosting?

STRAWBERRIES!!!

Sulcata_Sandy

5 Year Member
Pacific NorthWET
Thalatte said:
Sulcata_Sandy said:
Yvonne G said:
VANILLA ICE CREAM!!!!!

We'll guess why I just end added to my grocery list? [GRINNING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

Thalatte said:
You know whats really good with yellow cake and chocolate frosting?

STRAWBERRIES!!!

Beer

Ewwww!

OMG I can't talk to you (turns back towards Thalatte in shock and disgust).
Nothing rocks my world more than a REAL German Hef, in the proper glass, or a good Weissbeir.
Now there are SOME people that claim to love beer, when in fact the Coors they drink has no beer in it. BRING ME MICROBREW OR PREPARE FOR CONSEQUENCES! [GRINNING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

Seriously, have you had real beer? Not talking Bud, PBR, COORS! HA! I'm in Oregon, and Portland has more microbrews per capita than anywhere else in the country. It's a huge part of our culture. It's like living in New Mexico and saying you hate Hatch Green Chilis (yum, BTW).

I brewed my own for awhile. It was fun and tasty.

Status
Not open for further replies.