Pretend chat 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kerryann

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
West Bloomfield MI
ewwwwwwwwwwwww I walk into poop and tripe talk.. well I suppose they are all part of the chain huh?
Oh I am sooo excited. My ruby class is on Saturday. Last night I spent over an hour and a half installing, configuring, and connecting a database for my .net project. Today like magic my ruby homie installed, configured, and connected a database in like three lines of code and five minutes. For about a minute I am sure I had this hero worship look on my face. I was ready to sell all of my stuff and run off with the ruby krishnas???
:D
Anyway enough poop and nerd talk..
Okay I have nothing else really to talk about. I have had my nose in a book for the last two weeks.
Oh big news.. I am a hippy now. I have a mac.. I am going to see if it's all the whiz bang. Other big hippish news, I took the night off work and study and just relaxed......... I needed it. I kept forgetting to eat I was keeping so busy getting ready for class.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Ahhh...those were the days, my friend. That was the highlight of my life. I could have stayed in school forever if it didn't cost a fortune. Funny how one goes to college to get a good job when they finish. I, on the other hand, went to college for the mere fun of studying! Never did plan to get a good paying job. Turns out that I used my three degrees to teach for a while. I wanted to be like Socrates only not killing myself with hemlock.

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
sibi said:
Ahhh...those were the days, my friend. That was the highlight of my life. I could have stayed in school forever if it didn't cost a fortune. Funny how one goes to college to get a good job when they finish. I, on the other hand, went to college for the mere fun of studying! Never did plan to get a good paying job. Turns out that I used my three degrees to teach for a while. I wanted to be like Socrates only not killing myself with hemlock.

hemlock sounds no fun :(

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Hey, I found a recipe for soup that uses both tripe and plantains (banana type not green weeds). That might be interesting.

StarSapphire22 said:
Haha, oh you guys...so silly.

And no, he is terrible with his meds. All I had to give him tonight was the lactulose...and I figured if I could medicate a vicious, evil, bitey little hamster, I felt pretty confident about medicating a cat who actually knows and likes me. Nope. Took 7 tries to even get the syringe in his mouth, and I ended up scruffing him and straddling him on the living room floor...and it took 3 more tries after that even before he took ALL of it. Pills tomorrow should be fun. :p

Cats can be soooo much fun. :(

StarSapphire22

5 Year Member
Fargo, ND
HE POOPED!!!! I SAW IT, IT HAPPENED! A WHOLE SEMI-SOLID POOP THAT CAME OUT OF HIS BUTT! I'M SO HAPPY I COULD CRY! AGGGGHHHHHHHHH! :D :D :D

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I always wanted to go to college just to learn stuff I could use like parasites. These days I would also love to do horticulture classes. The class costs are bad enough, but dang the cost of books is out of this world.

StarSapphire22 said:
HE POOPED!!!! I SAW IT, IT HAPPENED! A WHOLE SEMI-SOLID POOP THAT CAME OUT OF HIS BUTT! I'M SO HAPPY I COULD CRY! AGGGGHHHHHHHHH! :D :D :D

It was that battle of the Meds war and he heard how many more rounds were coming. Why shucks, it just scared the crap out of him. :D

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
I Think you're right on, Jacqui. That many pills and yucky stuff would just about scare the crap out of anything. Of course, my torts don't need any of that scary stuff to make them crap like there was no tomorrow. Btw, does anyone know what I have to do to stop my babies from diarrhea?

Congrats Jessica on your kitty's new poop today

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Sibi, they all have it? Have you checked for parasites? What are you feeding? Those would be my first two thoughts.

Sulcata_Sandy

5 Year Member
Pacific NorthWET
ImageUploadedByTortForum1383837175.117809.jpg

Not my best work, but I just scratched this in a super huge hurry...like 40 seconds to get myself started and motivated.

This is Oliver this morning, wanting breakfast, not me and a crappy broken pencil.
Hahaha

The shades bit around the face is where I set a moist food dish. Oops.

Scratched? SKETCHED! Grrrrr.

Last edited by a moderator:

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Columbia, SC
Yay Oliver! Nice sketch too!

So I bathed one of the dogs in dawn then minksheen. Would help if I could blow dry them but so far he smells better. The water is supposed to be brownish grey when you do the first wash with dawn, right? Haha. I furminated and shedding raked and curry combed him but he still clogged the drain several times... Oh labs.

I want my bf or brother to build me a diy grooming table/tub since 1) the only tub is upstairs with carpet in the new house and 2) kneeling at a tub hurts my knees and back. Plus I'd like to keep the fur mess outside.

Dante didn't like I think the citronella in the shampoo. Was making my nose tingle some so I bet it was overload for him.

StarSapphire22

5 Year Member
Fargo, ND
I think I have to give Stormy a bath today. His butt is covered in nasties and he's just generally disgusting. I'm terrified. I'm probably going to get dismembered.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
StarSapphire22 said:
I think I have to give Stormy a bath today. His butt is covered in nasties and he's just generally disgusting. I'm terrified. I'm probably going to get dismembered.

Hates baths too, huh? :(

StarSapphire22

5 Year Member
Fargo, ND
Typical cat hates water thing. Loves watching it come out the faucet and go down the drain, but touch him with it? How dare you. One time he was playing in the tub, unbeknownst to me, and I turned on the shower...I've never seen an animal run so fast in my life. Even with the slipping and sliding on the tile.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Good morning crew! Jacqui, I think the babies eat squirrel poop around the yard. Don't know, but I've always worried about what squirrels carry. My babies get the best tort foods. Mazuri, red pellets from Marion, greens, grass, and they prefer poop! Don't get it.

They've been recovering from a cold. They seem fine now, but still some diarrhea. Baby Runt is the only one that doesn't have it cuz she can't eat the poop.

Sandy, that sketch looks great! You should ask people to send you a pic of their animal, and you can sketch a portrait for a modest fee. I for one could send you a pic of my three sullies, and if you can arrange a threesome portrait, I'd we willing to pay for it.:) Good way to supplement income. Put in a personal promotion ad.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
StarSapphire22 said:
Typical cat hates water thing. Loves watching it come out the faucet and go down the drain, but touch him with it? How dare you. One time he was playing in the tub, unbeknownst to me, and I turned on the shower...I've never seen an animal run so fast in my life. Even with the slipping and sliding on the tile.

So did you bite the bullet and do it? Do you need some blood donated to replace what you lost? :p

sibi said:
Good morning crew! Jacqui, I think the babies eat squirrel poop around the yard. Don't know, but I've always worried about what squirrels carry. My babies get the best tort foods. Mazuri, red pellets from Marion, greens, grass, and they prefer poop! Don't get it.

They've been recovering from a cold. They seem fine now, but still some diarrhea. Baby Runt is the only one that doesn't have it cuz she can't eat the poop.

Because from life in the wild, they know to survive they must eat anything and anything that comes their way. They can not afford to be picky. Then again, they are getting food value from that poop. Whatever the animal has eaten will come back out in his poop (just in different style and levels). I was told once, that if a rabbit would eat his own droppings, he would get more out of it the second time through. This means they may get calcium from bones of whatever a lion ate earlier via his scat, not to mention trace minerals I don't even know the names of. :D Another reason may also be to help protect themselves they are cleaning up their own feces, so predators don't smell them and realize, "Aha, I think I am going to dine high class tonight on tortoise!" So actually it's a smart thing to be doing, it's only us humans that give it a "yuck" factor.

Not sure what squirrels may be able to pass on, but it could also be caused by what the squirrels have been eating.

StarSapphire22

5 Year Member
Fargo, ND
Not yet...I'm going to try baby wipes first. XD

I've been busy today networking for his fundraiser...we did a gofundme site to try and raise money for him, we've spent $600 this week alone and have to bring him back again tomorrow. I'm so thankful for vets and techs and all they do...but boy do I wish it wasn't so expensive. :(

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
I actually had a good day. :)
I'm so excited about my class this weekend. I have had such fun learning and exploring this new technology.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
StarSapphire22 said:

Keep a couple of containers of hypoallergenic baby wipes handy. I use baby wipes all the time on my animals. I have a house cat who can't seem to squeeze off that last little drop of poop, and I have to clean her butt all the time. Baby wipes!!!

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Kerryann said:
I actually had a good day. :)
I'm so excited about my class this weekend. I have had such fun learning and exploring this new technology.

You can hear the excitement in your writing. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.