Possible Pyramiding.

-Michael-

So this is my little guy is name is Cortés and I have had him now for just over a week. He is 4-5 months old and I believe he has started pyramiding. Although he hasn't had a poo today or yesterday He currently weighs 37g
but when I got him he was just 24g. thanks! IMG_0020.JPG IMG_0030.JPG IMG_0027.JPG
IMG_0031.JPG IMG_0018.JPG

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Yes, there is some slight pyramiding starting. Get the temps and humidity right and you can stop it.

-Michael-

Yes, there is some slight pyramiding starting. Get the temps and humidity right and you can stop it.

How do I read humidity? Temperature in hot end is 80 cold end is 75 and the basking area is 90 - 95 depending on how long light has been on

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
You will need to get a humidity gauge. A lot of thermometers will also include a humidity gauge with it. Look for those. A nice digital one with a probe work best. The disc type one like you are using for temps are not very accurate.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Also, under the Hermmani section you should be able to find a care sheet the should include the amount of humidity is needed.