Not open for further replies.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Jacqui said:
Love the face on Stevie in the tub view. Me, I just want to see a live porcupine up close and you not only get to actually touch one, but bathe it too. I admit, I am green with envy.

I know when our puppies were in a TV commercial every time it came on, it was such a rush. Do you still feel that way or has it become just part of the job?

I still get excited when I see it, I just hardly ever see it. Bullet had a big role (I had a small role) in the Upcoming "Jonah Hex". I didn't see him in the trailer, so we'll have to see how much dog footage ended up on the cutting room floor.

Stephanie Logan said:
So no one has yet asked the question of why Stevie doesn't get annoyed and discharge some of his spikes in your direction?

Does he really like baths? Is that just a myth about porcupines? Maybe he just likes you? ;)

Silly wabbit. Porcupines don't shoot their quills. They just jab them into you if you annoy them. (And remember, camels don't spit either, just to review) No, he doesn't like baths, but he's pretty easy going and tolerant. He doesn't show a preference for one person or another. He's curious, friendly and interested in everyone.

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
Cool.

Though I've got to tell you that when my sister's family went to Egypt last February, their daughter got spit on by an annoyed camel...or so she claimed...she's 18 so was grossed out by a lot of the exotic aspects of Cairo and the surrounding area. Maybe you're just exceptional and Lilly likes her food and care gig right now. :rolleyes:

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
She didn't get spit on. If anything she got puked on. They aren't nice to them over there and when they get stressed they regurgitate into their mouths and it will slop all over the place. They don't spit as in a directional projectile, like a LLama.

So, the moral is, stay out from in front of any stressed camels.

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Tom, I just can't get enough of your pictures...wonderful learning experience for us. Keep them coming.

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Tom, your pics are amazing. Stevie is sooo cute in the tub :) Thanks for sharing the pics with us!

RascalDesertTort

5 Year Member
AZ
I NEED to know her reaction when you tell her she was puked on instead of spit!! lol!

Tom said:
She didn't get spit on. If anything she got puked on. They aren't nice to them over there and when they get stressed they regurgitate into their mouths and it will slop all over the place. They don't spit as in a directional projectile, like a LLama.

So, the moral is, stay out from in front of any stressed camels.

South FL Katie

5 Year Member
Coral Springs, FL
He's adorable! What a face. Can you touch his quills? I picture them sort of like snake scales, you can rub but only in the right direction

And I can attest to llama spit, I just recently got spat on at a petting zoo!

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
So cool Tom!! Thanks for sharing. I can't get enough of your pictures/stories.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
DonaTello said:
Bullet is amazing! How old is he Tom? How long have you had him? And is he your 'family' dog as well as an actor?

He's 8. I've had him since he was 8 weeks and he sleeps in a custom, giant, carpeted, raised, dog bed at the foot of my bed. He's also a 4 time National Champion at the hardest dog sport in the world, PSA. He's competed 21 times and got 1st 19 times and second the other two (both times were bogus, according to my competitors). He's been doing movie and TV work since about a year old. I think he's amazing too.

South FL Katie said:
He's adorable! What a face. Can you touch his quills? I picture them sort of like snake scales, you can rub but only in the right direction

And I can attest to llama spit, I just recently got spat on at a petting zoo!

You can pet Stevie if you go with the grain, but not all porcupines will tolerate it. You might get jabbed.

M

Maggie Cummings

Shepherds have always been my favorite dog species and he is just beautiful. They are the smartest dogs and so easily taught.

JourneyTort

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Ontario, Canada
maggie3fan said:
Shepherds have always been my favorite dog species and he is just beautiful. They are the smartest dogs and so easily taught.

Pretty sure that is not a Shepherd it is a Mallinois. Very nice dogs if you get from the right breeder!!

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
Porcupines are one of my favorite animals. I get so sad when I see a dead one on the road, which happens to the poor slow things a lot. When you come across them in the woods, they just keep right ambling on, not even bothered. You can walk right up to them.

Always wanted a pet one, but had to settle for a hedgehog, lol.

Llama and Alpaca spit is GROSS. I had Llamas myself, and worked on an Alpaca farm. The Alpacas weren't overly handled, so when it came time to do foot trims or shearing or give them meds, OMG, they spit ALL OVER THE PLACE. Talk about smelling BAD.

One of my Llamas got me once, but it wasn't aiming for me, rather another Llama. I just got caught int he cross fire. Lucky freaking me.

I'll keep an eye out for you when I watch Jonah Hex ;)

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
JourneyTort said:
maggie3fan said:

Pretty sure that is not a Shepherd it is a Mallinois. Very nice dogs if you get from the right breeder!!

You are right. He is a Mal. Which is one of the four types of Belgian Shepards. I always say, they make a Border Collie seem slow and a German Shepard seem stupid. Really, they are that good, in the right hands. They are the best workers on the planet, but TERRIBLE pets.

TortoisesRock!

5 Year Member
wow you probably have the best job in the world and I wish I could have a lil pokey pet lol

Status
Not open for further replies.