PLUMERIA-LET'S TALK, SHOW YOUR BLOOMS

Status
Not open for further replies.

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
acrantophis said:
Incredible blooms! My plumeria has a bit of frost damage in February and is just recovering. It has a few blooms pushing out now. I will post some pics when it looks nice. It's so hot and dry here I keep succulents. But I am pretty insane with
My ants as well ;-)

acrantophis said:
Incredible blooms! My plumeria has a bit of frost damage in February and is just recovering. It has a few blooms pushing out now. I will post some pics when it looks nice. It's so hot and dry here I keep succulents. But I am pretty insane with
My ants as well ;-)

Plants not ants! I have huge hands and I'm on an iPhone :)

acrantophis said:
My ants as well ;-)

Plants not ants! I have huge hands and I'm on an iPhone :)

SWEEETTTT! ... Nice set up!!!!>..... wondering if their ever going to make iphones like them XTRA HUGE Tv~remotes I see at the drug store...? <grin> :D

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I thought everyone stopped posting. Wasn't getting my email notification. I am not bored yet, I didn't leave, just didn't get my notification of new post:(. Jeff, you have a beautiful yard, actually stunning. Some day, when I retire. I would love to live someplace where I can grow plants, flowers like that in the ground, all year. I now thar highway you speak of, well some of it, anyway. My first visit to CA was last June, 2011. Love it. San Deigo. Planning on returning next. Boy, do we agree on the people situation. Won't even get into that one. I had a bad few days with dealing with some people and I don't think it's down yet:(.
So about the beautiful flowers. I will be transplanting my little plumeria, tomorrow. Thank you for the pic of the yellow and white, hopefully, what mine should look like. Anyway, with the transplanting, got the cactus soil. Should I plant the stem deeper. I don't think it is even half way planted in the pic. Is there an amount in inches I should do?
Thanks, will be checking the box again, so hopefully I won't miss the email alert again:D

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
I am very happy to have found this thread. I was just given my first Plumeria and had no idea how to care for it. Thanks for the info ind pix.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Angi said:
I am very happy to have found this thread. I was just given my first Plumeria and had no idea how to care for it. Thanks for the info ind pix.

Stay with us and show us yours, please:D

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
HI ya Barb ....when transplanting try and save the root ball soil clump without disturbing ( you might have to cut the old plastic container.) and make soil crown "away" from stalk base. If trying to root a new cutting....plant no more than 4-6" down into your medium, you may have to stake larger cuttings untill roots start to grow to support the plant. Key * Not to over water and when rooting new cuttings , keep pots warm ...( we even use heat pads , like the under tank setups for torts) for healthy and fast rooting--- soil needs to be warm. I will try and shoot ya all some more pics after work ..... Theres more colors ....;)

JD~:)

Angi said:

Well alrighty ....Angi...your going to dig the blooms! Congrads on your 1st plumie ....:)

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Here is one AWESOME plumie ….years back in 06’ I obtained two seedlings ( about the size of a bean sprout)from this parent plant . Lost one to frost couple of years ago .... but still have the one as I "baby the heck out of it " . She now it stands about 14” and thick as your thumb……will be a few years to go before she blooms ….but when she does … ‘ WATCH ~ OUT” … Here is a picture of the parent plant..... The flower name.. " Princess Victoria"

princessvictoria-1.jpg

JD~
"Keep it Green"

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I would baby that along too. It's beautiful. I can't believe all the different ones there are.

Now I need fix it help. I was trimming the tort outside weeds, etc. with my electric hedger. Yes you probably guessed it. I accidentally cut my hibicus in half :( it was just planted in June this year. Left the root end in the ground alone, and planted the top part that got cut off next to it. I also took a stem and out in a glass of water. Do you know if any of it will come back or will it just all die?:(. I can't believe it did that:(. The rooted end has no stems left on it at all. Just a little trunk sticking up:(. I am hoping for some good news here:D. But I am prepared? For the worst.
Thanks for what ever help you got. BTW, this happens yesterday.

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
wellington said:
I would baby that along too. It's beautiful. I can't believe all the different ones there are.

Now I need fix it help. I was trimming the tort outside weeds, etc. with my electric hedger. Yes you probably guessed it. I accidentally cut my hibicus in half :( it was just planted in June this year. Left the root end in the ground alone, and planted the top part that got cut off next to it. I also took a stem and out in a glass of water. Do you know if any of it will come back or will it just all die?:(. I can't believe it did that:(. The rooted end has no stems left on it at all. Just a little trunk sticking up:(. I am hoping for some good news here:D. But I am prepared? For the worst.

If the main stalk is still in the ground and attached to a root system ... no fear .. your hibiscus will grow back! The can be cut way down and are often done on purpose to provide a more " bushy plant" .

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
N2TORTS said:
wellington said:

If the main stalk is still in the ground and attached to a root system ... no fear
.. your hibiscus will grow back! The can be cut way down and are often done on
purpose to provide a more " bushy plant" .

Oh, thank you. That makes me happy. I couldn't believe it. How about the top half and the branch I am trying to save too. Should I keep trying or are they finished? I have the top have planted and the stick in water. Any luck either will grow roots.
I know, probably asking for a miracle, right:D

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
I don't have blooms yet. I'm trying really hard to keep this plant alive.
r0v5gn.jpg

I have more new shoots. I wonder how long it will take for it to bloom?
6fyx4i.jpg

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I don't know much about them, but that looks like a nice plant. How long have you had it and have you ever had flowers? I was hoping my little one I just planted this year would get flowers next year, but mine is no where near the size of yours
:(

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
I bought it about a year ago & the frost got to it last winter & I thought it died. I have never had flowers. I don't even know what color they would be.

Mike yours is very pretty.

MikeCow1

5 Year Member
Orange County, CA
Thank you. I have three or four different ones. I'll have to see if I can get a picture of one of the other colors

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Momof4 said:
I bought it about a year ago & the frost got to it last winter & I thought it died. I have never had flowers. I don't even know what color they would be.

Mike yours is very pretty.

It is looking like it will make it now. I hope I don't have to wait years to have flowers. I am not a patient person:D

MikeCow1 said:
Thank you. I have three or four different ones. I'll have to see if I can get a picture of one of the other colors

Yes, we would love to see them.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Ok Wellington, I don't think you have to wait years! Mine bloomed today! I got one small dark pink flower! I'm so excited but to lazy to upload a pic! If you look back on my post (#31 or so) with my pic with the buds coming out, that's the flowers and not a branch.

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
MikeCow1 said:

Mike ,,,,,great looking Plumie'..... that looks like the Aztec gold ?
Here is this mornings blooms on of the gals~
zd8.jpg

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Momof4 said:
Ok Wellington, I don't think you have to wait years! Mine bloomed today! I got one small dark pink flower! I'm so excited but to lazy to upload a pic! If you look back on my post (#31 or so) with my pic with the buds coming out, that's the flowers and not a branch.

That makes me happy too:D

N2TORTS said:
MikeCow1 said:

Mike ,,,,,great looking Plumie'..... that looks like the Aztec gold ?
Here is this mornings blooms on of the gals~
zd8.jpg

What do you mean by one of the gals? There's male and female flowers?

Status
Not open for further replies.