Platysternon head shots

harris

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Ohio
A 6 yr old female. Believe it or not, she’s actually pretty tame. From the moment they hatch the protective head covering begins to form. The older they get the more pronounced the covering becomes. 8FC9A57C-4630-492A-9122-4BDEC8743678.jpegC8CE8FF1-6BBF-4C4F-B8B4-6F39B724A60C.jpeg65F9057C-8D65-42AA-A672-B6148C9DE6B2.jpeg43F98A89-A840-46F2-A645-0AB3AFA65BEB.jpegF60A1417-BA02-4D22-BD6B-6F332AF9B65D.jpegBBFE30AE-9551-4F1E-8FAD-A8943E457C7A.jpeg

mark1

5 Year Member
ohio
about 45yrs ago i went in a pet shop in cleveland called variety pet , the guy had 2 overcrowded tubs full of these guys....... they were like $20 each ......... i'm sure that's a big part of the reason those guys are in the predicament they are today.....

harris

10 Year Member!
Ohio
Have I offended you by admiring your turtle? If so, I am sorry.
No, I’m sorry. I thought you were one of those robot responses like the turtle forum does. Thank you, though!!!!

harris

10 Year Member!
Ohio
about 45yrs ago i went in a pet shop in cleveland called variety pet , the guy had 2 overcrowded tubs full of these guys....... they were like $20 each ......... i'm sure that's a big part of the reason those guys are in the predicament they are today.....
I LOVE this story!!!
Ha!! That’s awesome!! My first Platysternon was purchased at Parma Pets in NE Oh for 30 bucks!🤘🏻

mark1

5 Year Member
ohio
its one of a few species that has often tempted me to get some , i have always found them interesting ..... looks like you've done great with them .......i am very familiar with parma pets , the two brothers Tally and George...... going in there was like going to a reptile zoo.......... when i stopped keeping tortoises i gave all my tortoises to them......

SuzanneZ

Georgetown

harris

10 Year Member!
Ohio
its one of a few species that has often tempted me to get some , i have always found them interesting ..... looks like you've done great with them .......i am very familiar with parma pets , the two brothers Tally and George...... going in there was like going to a reptile zoo.......... when i stopped keeping tortoises i gave all my tortoises to them......
OMG YES!!!!! You just made my day reading this!! The memories……..
Almost every weekend throughout the 80’s I was there. My first snake, monitor, tortoise…..the list goes on!
But the exotic turtles they got in back then just blew me away. The only other place near this area that would also have them was Heights Pet World in Mayfield Heights.

mark1

5 Year Member
ohio
some of my tortoises were from heights pet world, on coventry in cleveland .....the guy had zoo type enclosures before the zoo did, was quite a"pet store", he sold and trained exotic cats , it was another place you would go to just to see what he had there........ good chance we had crossed paths at some point in time ...... look forward to seeing how you do with not only the platysternon , but also the cuora, another favorite of mine......