Plastron scuffing..?

Butterflea

Recently Nozzy has been enjoying the back garden, the weather is nice and so he's been taking full advantage of that!

We have grass, flowerbeds and a concrete patio, standard garden I guess. He will spend most of his time in the grass but recently I've noticed him exploring the patio more. I've been letting him do this as I figured it would give his claws a good trim.

I came to bath him this morning, I use a baby toothbrush, the ones you get in store aimed at first teeth (3-6months) and they have very very soft bristles. I was gently cleaning the mud off and noticed Nozzy's underside has a couple of grey scuffs. Or at least I assume they're scuffs. They remind me of the inside of a mug when you've scraped it with the metal spoon. He's dug himself under the soil but if needed I can dig him out for a photo shoot.

There's no pinkness, he's not in pain or anything like that, is the scuffing normal? Is it the concrete? Should I keep him off it in future!? I assumed they picked their bodies up when they walked, at least he always looks like he does. He's not been scraped or dragged so I'm a bit puzzled.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
It doesn't sound like a big deal, but a pic would help.