Status
Not open for further replies.

drgnfly2265

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
FLORIDA
Hello :)

I want to buy a couple of plants for my sulcata that he can munch on that is good for him to eat. I bought a suculant cactus (since it doesn't have any thorns that would hurt him) and a mum plant (it has a lot of flowers on it). Are those two okay for him to eat?

What are some others that are safe for him? I was looking all over for dandelions and the prickly pear cactus, but nobody has them here in Florida for some reason.

At the moment he is being a picky eater and just wants to eat hibiscus flowers and maybe now and then the leaves. And he does eat a little hay here and there. He LOVES those flowers. Is it healthy if that is all he eats at the moment???

Jamie

1 Sulcata (Bowser)

www.myspace.com/bowsertortoise

:rolleyes:

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Inland Empire, CA
Jamie, succulents most kinds and Chrysanthemum flowers are fine for him to eat. But remember if you just bought them they more than likely have chemicals-fertilizers in them. they should be given some time 3 to 6 months for these to leach out of the plants. Unless you buy them from an organic nursery or grow them yourself. Sullys should have about 75% of their diet in grasses and hays. Here is a site that pretty much spells it out. http://africantortoise.com/diet.htm.

Status
Not open for further replies.