Pictures of UVB set ups, please?

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Louisiana, USA
May I see photos of people's UVB set ups for indoor mud turtles, please? :)

Yelloweyed

5 Year Member
SoCal California
No picture (I broke my left leg AND left wrist!) but I have a 24" ZooMed (red box don't remember the strength) - UVB tube light sitting across the 40-gal breeder tank and a small flood light for basking pointed at the basking platform. I only went for the tube light because it's much cheaper than a MVB.

Markw84

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sacramento, CA (Central Valley)
Many will cringe here, but I use compact fluorescents. Perfect for basking turtles. Set about 6" above the edge of the basking rock or platform and also above some plants to hang in in the water adjacent to the "dry" basking area.

KevinGG

5 Year Member
Santa Cruz, CA
Many will cringe here, but I use compact fluorescents. Perfect for basking turtles. Set about 6" above the edge of the basking rock or platform and also above some plants to hang in in the water adjacent to the "dry" basking area.

But your turtles get outdoor time, no?

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
No picture (I broke my left leg AND left wrist!) but I have a 24" ZooMed (red box don't remember the strength) - UVB tube light sitting across the 40-gal breeder tank and a small flood light for basking pointed at the basking platform. I only went for the tube light because it's much cheaper than a MVB.
Thanks!!!! :)
But :eek: SO sorry about your leg and wrist!!!!! How did you manage to break BOTH of them??!?! :(

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
Thanks!!! :)

Yelloweyed

5 Year Member
SoCal California
Thanks!!!! :)
But :eek: SO sorry about your leg and wrist!!!!! How did you manage to break BOTH of them??!?! :(

LOL I was trying to be the cool mom and roller skate with my kids after Christmas. Gravity, asphalt and age had it out for me and I had a very dramatic crash to the ground! Should get signed off on the non-weight bearing status this week.

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
LOL I was trying to be the cool mom and roller skate with my kids after Christmas. Gravity, asphalt and age had it out for me and I had a very dramatic crash to the ground! Should get signed off on the non-weight bearing status this week.
Glad you're well on the road to recovery!!! :)