Overly aggressive males

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saloli

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
middle river
Okay so I recently adopted two males and a female EBTs from a friend of mine (who had them in quarantine before I got them). Any way I introduced them to my pen and the one male (who oddly looks like a GCBT is some ways) started attacking/mounting everybody male and female. I have never had a male act like that. I was wondering if any body has/had a male or female like him.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
That box turtle sounds like he takes after me. Males can often be aggressive,.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Two males and one female is never a good thing. Well mostly never a good thing. I don't know much about boxies, but your probably going to have to seperate them.

Saloli

5 Year Member
middle river
Thats funning. :) any way the male is more aggressive then any other male I've dealt with. My other adult males are pretty much indifferent towards each other. The new guy even gaped at me. I've never had a boxer do that before even when they are not happy with me they usually just snort or hiss.

pryncesssc

5 Year Member
Chicago IL
My boxies are both female but I have heard others on the forum say that they have encountered males that are very agressive.

We have one male boxie at my work that is aggressive and stalks the females and we had to separate them for the good of everyone !

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Yes. I had a few alpha males back in the day. They would mount anything that looked like a turtle, and bite everything that moved including fingers and toes.

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
I have a male that starts off like that every Spring. After a few weeks he stops. I would just watch him and give him a little time. I think he just wants the others to know he's wanting to be the boss.

Saloli

5 Year Member
middle river
Yeah. I'll keep an eye on him. Though after Dotty goes back out side (she and a couple others have cysts from the weird weather we had this spring) if he messes with her I think she'll best him up. Dotty doesn't take anything from the males though Shelly will take food from her. But then again Shelly does that to every body. I hope I don't have to separate him.

lisa127

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
If he is in fact a gulf coast, that would explain it. Male gulf coasts tend to be more aggressive toward other boxies, from what I've heard.

Saloli

5 Year Member
middle river
Yeah I used to have a male gcbt. My friend says there all from the local population so I'm pretty sure that he is an ebt. Though they do share many characteristics so it can be hard sometimes to distinguish the two. Though if he is in fact a gcbt I'll have to separate him any way which would mean a new pen/cage.

When I do my length and weights and new pictures I'll post the new pictures. I guess tell me what you think it is his shell shape and head shape that most reminds me of my old one.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Mounting everything and everyone in the turtle world to show dominance may work, but believe you me, it does not work in the business world. Time may work as long as no injuries are being made then take a wait and see attitude.

Saloli

5 Year Member
middle river
Well now he has settled down and the funny thing is Blue went up to him and just looked at him and walked away. Blue is smaller by the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.