Outdoor enclosure starting to take shape.

singapura78

I have made significant progress on building the outdoor enclosure for my two Russians. Thanks to everyone who has given me advice thus far! Take a look at the nearly finished product - complete with my two RTs. I am now working on building another one right next to it - exactly the same as this one. So then I can open the wall of this one up, and they can travel between enclosures (we call them "tortoise paddocks"). Took forever to get the gradient right for drainage. I will also be adding some coir into the topsoil later today…….

Suggestions??????? I love this group!!

Attachments

• 20140920_132751-2.jpg
    20140920_132751-2.jpg
    5.6 MB · Views: 52

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
San Jose CA
WOW! ! !

This is very nice indeed................

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Looks really nice. When you build the other one, be sure to keep,the dividing door incase you need to separate the two. Usually pairs don't work and specially with russians, one will get bullied to possible death or if male female combo, the female will get pestered with the male wanting to breed all the time.

singapura78

So here is a big question for me……how do I plant grass or other weeds and such when they go around digging in the soil? Won't they keep digging up everything before it can grow?

Jabuticaba

5 Year Member
Winnipeg, MB
So here is a big question for me……how do I plant grass or other weeds and such when they go around digging in the soil? Won't they keep digging up everything before it can grow?
You have enough room to section off parts. You could use the horse grazing method: rotate your pasture.

May
THBs: Darwin & Merlin
Aussies: Dax, Vegas, & Cricket
IG: @AUSSOMEAUSSIES