sunny_27

Location (City and/or State)
Indianapolis, IN
Hi! I'm building an outdoor enclosure for my tortoise (Sunny Pistachio) this weekend. We are adopting him from a rescue and he should be home with us at the beginning of May. As we prepare his new outdoor home (we will also be building an indoor enclosure), I was wondering if this cold frame would be good for when he needs to regulate his temp. If not, are there any good plans for building my own or links for good ones to buy. TIA ☀️

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
This is just for summer months correct? Winter you will bring him inside or brumate him, if I'm correct on him being a Russian?
As long as he has access to go in or be out of it on his own, it wouldn't hurt for those cooler spring and fall days. Just be sure there is shaded areas too and enough room that he has lots of space to roam.

sunny_27

Indianapolis, IN
This is just for summer months correct? Winter you will bring him inside or brumate him, if I'm correct on him being a Russian?
As long as he has access to go in or be out of it on his own, it wouldn't hurt for those cooler spring and fall days. Just be sure there is shaded areas too and enough room that he has lots of space to roam.
Correct, this is just for the summer months. Winter he will have another enclosure inside our home. His outdoor enclosure will be 15 ft by 5 ft.