Organic Purple Produce?

Keith D.

Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
Hi all, I am going to the store tomorrow and my little Leo was asking for some purple produce, like purple kale, chard ect. What do you all think of purple produce, is it a good choice nutritionally for him or not?

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
To tell you the truth I feed everything in the produce section avoiding fruits . Grass ,weeds ,and produce is what I feed . Then mazuri every Saturday . As long as you mix things up its OK .

Blakem

10 Year Member!
California
I don't think it makes a difference. Turtles and tortoise do know colors, so they're attracted to brighter colors usually. It's what you're feeding them that matters, and the nutrients they need depending on their species.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Hi all, I am going to the store tomorrow and my little Leo was asking for some purple produce, like purple kale, chard ect. What do you all think of purple produce, is it a good choice nutritionally for him or not?

The redfoot torts here really love the purple leaf produce...a real fav....

Keith D.

Arizona
My litt
I don't think it makes a difference. Turtles and tortoise do know colors, so they're attracted to brighter colors usually. It's what you're feeding them that matters, and the nutrients they need depending on their species.
My little Leo is a dessert tortoise, I think I am feeding him correctly. I have put posts of his weekly diet, which changes weekly. Maybe have a look see for me :)

WillTort2

5 Year Member
Radicchio may be a little more red than purple, but it does make a good choice when considering the grocery store offerings.