Opinion’s please

Littleredfootbigredheart

Location (City and/or State)
UK
Hey guys! Think I’m going to go ahead and order these mixes for her, I like the look of this one @BB123 suggested, I went ahead a looked at what else they had on the website and I think I’ll buy her some of the grass mix too? Me and my mom also got her this lovely new big water dish that came today😊the dust is still settling on sizing talks but I’ll try and keep people updated on that lol

Attachments

• 991B1ED9-274B-4100-B62B-24735217A618.png
    991B1ED9-274B-4100-B62B-24735217A618.png
    247.8 KB · Views: 1
  • 6FAEB999-046C-41AB-9EC3-67651CABBC18.png
    6FAEB999-046C-41AB-9EC3-67651CABBC18.png
    309.2 KB · Views: 1
  • 48515F9C-F279-4576-B8AC-9BC4F2525B6B.png
    48515F9C-F279-4576-B8AC-9BC4F2525B6B.png
    69 KB · Views: 3
  • 02F5CC4A-B514-4473-99DD-A3192D7DC27A.jpeg
    02F5CC4A-B514-4473-99DD-A3192D7DC27A.jpeg
    81.9 KB · Views: 2

mojo_1

Saint Clairsville OH
Hey guys! Think I’m going to go ahead and order these mixes for her, I like the look of this one @BB123 suggested, I went ahead a looked at what else they had on the website and I think I’ll buy her some of the grass mix too? Me and my mom also got her this lovely new big water dish that came today😊the dust is still settling on sizing talks but I’ll try and keep people updated on that lol
I'm going to say the water dish is a no. Shallow terracotta saucers are best.

Littleredfootbigredheart

UK
I'm going to say the water dish is a no. Shallow terracotta saucers are best.
It is quite shallow? Might not look it on the pic, plus I plan on making it level with the substrate, and certainly wouldn’t fill it up too deep😊

Littleredfootbigredheart

UK
It's more of is it textured enough for her to get out or flip herself back over if she gets into these situations
Ah I hear you, I’d definitely be more concerned if she was little, I wouldn’t see her being able to flip herself in this, she’s too big, I might add a few stones in there though? Give her something to push against in there, I liked it because it’ll fit nicely in the corner, helping with the floor space issue😊

Littleredfootbigredheart

UK
Ah I hear you, I’d definitely be more concerned if she was little, I wouldn’t see her being able to flip herself in this, she’s too big, I might add a few stones in there though? Give her something to push against in there, I liked it because it’ll fit nicely in the corner, helping with the floor space issue😊
I could even put enough stones in there to discourage her going in altogether? The ones I have are quite a good size, she could just use it to drink? I know most people let them use their water dish to soak which is lovely and got nothing against that! I’ve just heard the odd story of them sitting a bit too long sometimes and getting prone to shell rot, I’m sure that’s few and far between but I think we prefer to do her soaks manually for peace of mind😊

mojo_1

Saint Clairsville OH
I could even put enough stones in there to discourage her going in altogether? The ones I have are quite a good size, she could just use it to drink? I know most people let them use their water dish to soak which is lovely and got nothing against that! I’ve just heard the odd story of them sitting a bit too long sometimes and getting prone to shell rot, I’m sure that’s few and far between but I think we prefer to do her soaks manually for peace of mind😊
Mojo just breezes right through it and grabs a drink on the way through.

Littleredfootbigredheart

UK
Mojo just breezes right through it and grabs a drink on the way through.
Haha bless him!❤️ Squirt does the same, mind you it’s never been big enough for the option of soaking, knowing our luck she’d find it a novelty cause it’d be new and she’d soak herself too long😂so might be a good idea to add the stones I have for her lol

Littleredfootbigredheart

UK
Put an update on squirts upgrade thread for anyone interested❤️Everyone who responded here has stopped her being put in a 6! Well done guys!!

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
It is quite shallow? Might not look it on the pic, plus I plan on making it level with the substrate, and certainly wouldn’t fill it up too deep😊
It's because if you leave the room, she's gonna try to get out, and she get's one leg out over the rim and she tips upside down and well...terra cotta plant saucer
is best

Littleredfootbigredheart

UK
It's because if you leave the room, she's gonna try to get out, and she get's one leg out over the rim and she tips upside down and well...terra cotta plant saucer
is best
I’ve decided I’m going to put some big stones in there to stop her actually going into it lol, it’ll just be for drinking😊