OK, this is getting a little crazy....

Status
Not open for further replies.

chadk

10 Year Member!
So my twin daughters have a little brother named Brenden. We have become friends with his family and he comes to his sister's b-day parties, and we go to his. We see him other times as well, as we want them to be able to grow up knowing each other.

So the family that has him is not able to adopt him due to some health issues the mom has.

Sooooo, long story short, we have a choice.. either let another family, who we don't know, adopt him, risking them choosing a closed adoption and the sibliings being seperated forever, or take him ourselves and let these 3 grow up together in a loving home.... Tough choice? No, not really....

Brenden will probably be adopted by us within the next month...

Here he is in May at the twins b-day:

34000_410684264027_631589027_4362901_4401944_n.jpg

Missy

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Illinois
God bless you and your wife. He is so sweet :)

DoctorCosmonaut

10 Year Member!
Oregon
Wow that is crazy. But that is wonderful you are keeping them together. :) You must have a big heart for kids

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
He's awful cute. But then, so are the twins.

You're either a glutton for punishment, or a very generous and loving soul.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Chad, if the world was full of people like you and your wife, we wouldn't have all the problems that we do.

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
That brought tears to my eyes. What a wonderful gift you have given those three children.

chadk

10 Year Member!
Thanks guys.

Tom, if everybody was like me, the world would be a pretty boring place... And my favorite fishing hole would be WAY too crowded :)

pugsandkids

10 Year Member!
Chad you and your wife are inspirational. Such lucky, lucky kiddos!

chadk

10 Year Member!
Oh, and there was a court date yesterday. According to the judge and the official placement plan of the state of Washington, we are now the future adoptive family for Brenden. The ball is in our court and we are moving ahead.

We are having to get creative as our house is technically 3 bedrooms and now we'll have 8 kids! Luckily we have 2 full bathrooms and one 1/2 bath. And the 'office' is currently the twins bedroom. So were to put this little guy? We are thinking of putting all boys into our big rec-room. That would actually free up their current bedroom (a good sized room - even for the 3 boys who share it) for the teen girls to move into since they are stuck in the small bedroom. That small bedroom would them be the twins room to share. And our office could actually be converted back into an office \ craft room as we had wanted all along... But we lose our rec-room where we all gathered to watch movies on big flat screen with built in surround sound... I"m bummed about that. But we do have a large unfinished area that we've always thought would be awesome to finsih and turn into a home theatre \ library room. So I guess we'll need to get started on that soon. Hmmmm.... Sounds like a busy month ahead!

(sorry for all the rambling - just kinda thinking out loud....)

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
I'm sure you didn't even hesitate. I know I wouldn't. He's just as beautiful as the twins, and now you can sleep at night knowing he's home. God bless you and your beautiful family Chad!

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
Another nice thing is that the family that has taken care of him can continue to see him as well, if your family has him. I think this is just so wonderful.

Status
Not open for further replies.