Ok more help on garden here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vickie

5 Year Member
After messing around with tons of other ideas outdoors while weeding I decided I have a 2'x10' side flower garden beside our home (s side) and another area that is in attached area that is an area that surrounds my small water garden (that the pond is fenced in and lined (so as the fact cannot get into pond) However, this leads to some questions looking for some quick answers on. I want to add and remove plants to make it suitable that it has NO chance to get to anything that is not healthy for it. I have bulb plants in the flower area and afraid almost all will need removed am I correct? Then in the area around the pond was a herb garden. There I wanted to know about lemon balm, Mint, dill, and German Camomile? I know no issues with parsley etc other then might munch to much if I don't watch. LOL

I am needing to head to the farm supply here in a minute to change some substrate and want to replace whole 6" deep with sea shell grinds and sand mix (except for small area directly around plants). So sort of in a rush. ;)

BTW This is for a hatchling I am waiting to get in July so will NOT be outside this yr without me however, I want to take NO chance on it getting something it shouldn't.

Never mind all! Thank you for taking time to read but thanks to a member was given a link that you quickly type in their names and it will give you all the info you need on each!

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southwest Washington
OK, you have a link to safe plants.

When a tortoise is outside, they can eat what they want, when they want, generally because they are a lot more active. So no worries about that.
Yes, remove the Lemon Balm and the bulbs.
Dill is OK in moderation.
German Camomile is only OK if fed very sparingly, so probably best to remove it.
Depends on the kind of mint: spearmint is OK, but peppermint (related to pennyroyal) is not.

Get a hosta, fushia, Rosemary, and clumping grasses like Carex and Fescue. All good for hiding in.

Status
Not open for further replies.