Odyss squeaking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChuckandAsh

5 Year Member
I'm so worried. Is it normal for my sulcata to make a squeaking noise? Everytime he does so he sticks his head in his shell. Should I be worried??? He's never done it before. The temp is 80 & humidity is 60.

TortoiseBoy1999

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Palmdale CA
ChuckandAsh said:
I'm so worried. Is it normal for my sulcata to make a squeaking noise? Everytime he does so he sticks his head in his shell. Should I be worried??? He's never done it before. The temp is 80 & humidity is 60.

His basking spot should be at least 95°, 100° is better. Could be early symptoms of a URI :-/ Whats the wattage on your heat bulb? I use 120 watt's. It will only get to hot if you let the humidity drop. Let's see what the other members have to say..

Biff Malibu

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Los Angeles
No - Squeaking is not normal and is a symptom of an Upper Respiratory Infection. I'm sure there's an article on here about what you can do for URI'S (see if the descriptions match what you're seeing) - although they can turn serious, you may need to see a vet.

80 is an OK night-time cool side temp, it needs to have a warmer basking temp like tortoiseboy said.

What are bulbs are you using using for day? night?

What are you feeding?

Status
Not open for further replies.