October at Tortoise Cove'

julietteq

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Amsterdam. Netherlands
O love it ! Beautiful enclosure. How is the maintenance on it? Do you need to reseed the grass? and do they eat the cacti?

diamondbp

10 Year Member!
Awesome would be an understatement . Thanks for sharing that tortoise paradise

erica anne

5 Year Member
Absolutely amazing. I'm curious, is this a rescue? Or is it your personal collection?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Always so beautiful Jeff. So, you have four different tort areas and then the yard where the pond/waterfall is? Or is someone in the waterfall area too, besides the turtles? Who is where? I think I know the RF are on the left, biggest area and the Cherry's next too them and further back. Then on the right in front of the Cherry's, next to the porch is two smaller sections. Which one has the Rads and which one has the Galop? Trying to imagine my lawn chair nestled by the pond, Long Island Tea in hand, relaxing catching some rays and looking at the torts in each section. :D

TommyZ

5 Year Member
*clicks heels together* "theres no place like the Cove, there's no place like the Cove, there's no place like the Cove".... Well done my friend :)

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Thanks for the kuddo's everyone! :shy:

julietteq said:
O love it ! Beautiful enclosure. How is the maintenance on it? Do you need to reseed the grass? and do they eat the cacti?

Yes I re-seed the grass thru out the year....the young spouts are one of the favorite meals for all the torts~:D
The cacti is in the Galap's pen , he is too small ( for now :p ) to reach it , the other edibles in the yard such as the hibiscus ...anything about 16" down is " fair game aka Munch a lunch" as long as the Red's can reach it ...;)

erica anne said:
Absolutely amazing. I'm curious, is this a rescue? Or is it your personal collection?

"personal"

Sh3wulf

5 Year Member
TommyZ said:
*clicks heels together* "theres no place like the Cove, there's no place like the Cove, there's no place like the Cove".... Well done my friend :)

I second that! And the cove moves further up the bucket list.

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
wellington said:
Always so beautiful Jeff. So, you have four different tort areas and then the yard where the pond/waterfall is? Or is someone in the waterfall area too, besides the turtles? Who is where? I think I know the RF are on the left, biggest area and the Cherry's next too them and further back. Then on the right in front of the Cherry's, next to the porch is two smaller sections. Which one has the Rads and which one has the Galop? Trying to imagine my lawn chair nestled by the pond, Long Island Tea in hand, relaxing catching some rays and looking at the torts in each section. :D

Barb ... there are 5 spots already " built in" with another if needed down the side of the Red's hut ( on the right) . Sometimes I will use that area for a " time out " space. You can't tell from the pics but there is another 10' down the middle of the huts and to the right. This is incorporated on the RF side. So the RF's (Hypo's) are on the right , the cherries on the left , the smaller pen next to the light is the Radi's , while the larger one up front is Tyrone's spot and to the far left in back of the pond is an area for the hatchlings to romp and get some natural sun and organic grass when I bring them out. Of course this is the day yards and each species has their own heated hide rather be in the huts themselves or back into the "Man Cave" in the house. A chore no doubt as I round them up every single night no matter what time of year it is . ..... Long Island's were my favo ...Your always welcome to come on down ~ :)

Team Gomberg said:
I love what you have done with the yard! The stepping stones look great :)

Very Keen Eye ... Miss Heather! ...... your right on the $$$$ I just added those few days back , the wifey was nagging on how much dirt I always track in the house ......:p:D:p
Thought before winter and the rainy season ... I will use some natural flagstone ... " works like a charm " ... I'm off the S*** list! hahaah

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Haha, not for long. Men always find a way to get right back on it:p :D

I didn't realize there were so many. That's why I get so confused sometimes when I see them. :D.
One day, don't be surprised when I'm knocking at your door. I'll have long islands in hand and maybe a treat for the torties:D
Oh, and you got my address too, don't forget the invite goes both ways:). I'm sure you could handle the big city for a day or two:D