Not yet over newbie paranoia!

obi420

So i've posted before (several times) about my newly adopted tiny Tim. His previous owners had no idea what they were doing. I've had him for going on two weeks. He has started to use his back legs a little bit I'll see step here or there but I've come to notice he barely moves at all. He sleeps most of the day and by most I mean 22 hours his tank is 75 and 85 I cant measure his humidity but I try to keep it from being too dry. He eats spring mix minus the spinach with a slice of cucumber and calcium drops in his baths every third bath. Hew pooped once the first day I had him it was a grayish white? But he hasn't pooped since. Could it be a blockage that stops him from moving his back legs and why he won't poop?

sibi

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Florida, USA
It sounds like he released urates, which are whitish-gray in color. That's normal so long as it's not hard and large. If it looks like the texture of poop, then it's probably a stone that he passed through his bladder. That could be problematic if he continues to form stones. The ways to relieve this problem (if it continues), is to soak often. By that I mean soak daily for at least 15-20 minutes until the white stuff is more creamy like yogurt. Also, equally important, you should avoid foods like spinach or other greens high in

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
It's hard for us to know without being able to see the tortoise in real life. I suggest you take him to a qualified tortoise vet and get an expert opinion. Otherwise, just continue to soak him daily in warm water for about 15 minutes. It might help if you put him into something large to soak so he has to move around...maybe your bath tub. Clean it out and rinse it well, then add enough water to come up to the middle of his side, where the top meets the bottom, and position a light over a spot of the tub. Scrambling around in there, trying to get out, might be good exercise for him, and if there is a blockage, it helps move it along.