Not Walking!!!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
I’m working on the new enclosure, and I want you to know that I’m trying so hard to provide all these things because it’s really hard here to get your hands on a reptile supplies especially tortoise.
You don't need reptile supplies. You need sunshine and water. The only "reptile supplies" you might need are a ceramic heating element, thermostat and possibly a good UV tube. Everything else can be found at hardware stores and garden centers. Over her we have Home Depot and Lowes, plus lots of local garden retailers. Do they have something similar in Dubai?

Taylor T.

5 Year Member
New England
You don't need reptile supplies. You need sunshine and water. The only "reptile supplies" you might need are a ceramic heating element, thermostat and possibly a good UV tube. Everything else can be found at hardware stores and garden centers. Over her we have Home Depot and Lowes, plus lots of local garden retailers. Do they have something similar in Dubai?
Even CHE's can often be found in farm animal supply sections of stores, generally for raising chicks.

Angi_Clyde

Dubai

I have everything you mentioned, I just need to take them out more and soak them everyday which I started doing. I’m also waiting for the seed mix to so I can plant it . The uvb light I use is not too bright . I think it’s rare to find such stores here with that quality that you have over there.

TechnoCheese

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lewisville, Texas
I have everything you mentioned, I just need to take them out more and soak them everyday which I started doing. I’m also waiting for the seed mix to so I can plant it . The uvb light I use is not too bright . I think it’s rare to find such stores here with that quality that you have over there.

Coil bulbs in general do not have a good shape. It concentrates the light in one area, and they just don’t produce enough uvb, regardless of brand. They are very well known to cause eye issues in every brand, and are not suitable for tortoises at all. I would get a tube fluorescent.