Not pooping, help ASAP

Location (City and/or State)
Illinois
My Russian tort hasn’t pooped in A WEEK now. It’s to the point where she has been not really eating and has been burying herself all day. The past few days I’ve been trying to exercise her outside and have been soaking her everyday. Nothing. Please help.

Illinois
She finally went. I had a reptile vet on the phone the entire time. Apparently there’s a good one near Chicago but a tortoise enema would have cost $450.

SweetGreekTorts

Tucson, AZ
I'm glad to hear that she finally went potty. For future reference, when your tortoise is constipated, you can offer aloe vera or pumpkin (the canned pure pumpkin at the grocery store). They work as natural laxatives for tortoises.

Illinois
I'm glad to hear that she finally went potty. For future reference, when your tortoise is constipated, you can offer aloe vera or pumpkin (the canned pure pumpkin at the grocery store). They work as natural laxatives for tortoises.
Just got future reference—should she be going every day?

I feel like I feed well (cactus leaves, lots of dandelion leaves and flowers, and only safe-to-occasional feeds on the tortoise table app.)

Sleppo

5 Year Member
Philadelphia, PA
It really depends, mine sometimes go every day, every other day and sometimes up to 3-4 days. @Yvonne gave great advice that works for me when I am trying to get them to go. Put them in your bathtub to soak, the larger space makes them walk around more (especially if they are use to being soaked in something smaller) all the movement helps get things going. Please also keep in mind most like to eat their poop so it's possible they have gone and eaten it before you've seen it. Good luck!

Oh and check the link on this forum for the best foods for Russians, you want their diet dull of a variety of weeds. The fiber helps them go too.