New to this forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheechChong

5 Year Member
Greetings,
I have been hanging around for awhile and gathering all of the information that I can on these beautiful reptiles. I inherited 2 Sullys a couple of months ago and have really enjoyed them. Their names are Cheech and Chong. I believe the just turned 1 year old. I have spent the last 3 weekends building their outdoor enclosure. Thank you all for the valuable information, much that I have learned here is the comple opposite of what I learned from their previous owner. They have some pyramiding but hopefully that will not get any worse.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Welcome, CheechChong!

You've built a very nice habitat. I especially like using the plastic foot stool with a plant on it to shade the water.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and Welcome:) I agree with emysemys, great looking enclosure. Not bad pyramiding either.

CheechChong

5 Year Member
Thanks for the warm welcome. I spent the labor day weekend building two seperate hides for them. I basicallt laid down 4 blocks in length and two cinder blocks wide. I then filled the openings in the cinder blocks with fill dirt for insulation. Covered the blocks with a rubber coated 3/4" plywood and then covered the entire enclosure with dirt and cypress mulch. I can wet it down inside and it stays about 12-15 degrees cooler for them. I have also planted some native grasses and seeded the enclosure with buffalo grass so they will have plenty to eat. I will start on their winter quarters soon, it can get very cold here in Austin!!

This site is great, these torts will have a much better chance at a healthy life based on the info that I have received from this site. You all are great and I look forward to hanging out here.

Status
Not open for further replies.