New to the Tortoise World And Have Soo many Questions!

creekperson

Hello, My Name Is Pat and am a Newbie. I am from East Liverpool, Ohio USA and I have 2 Torts A older Redfoot Buddy that is somewhere over 10 years so I was Told. Also A baby Sulcata that is about 1 month, when I got her she still had remnants of her/his yoke sac and egg tooth. I named her Shellbe if she turns out to be a He then the name will still fit LOL. Is Anyone here anywhere near me? I am Actually on the boarder of West Virginia, Pennsylvania, & Ohio. Bout 50 miles From Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania And 45 from Youngstown, Ohio. 0725141602.jpg 0802141346b.jpg 0620141258c.jpg

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Hello Pat welcome to the TFO from AZ . Great looking tort . Have a great tort day !

Sent from my iPhone using TortForum

creekperson

Thanks for the warm Welcome everyone. I see most people that Torts are from the west and south. I am in Ohio so I will be Challenged this winter to get my Buddy & Shellbe through it, specially since I am A newbie with them. Hope you all can guide me a bit. I do read and Study all I can but, the info is so back & forth. I am sticking with you all as I have learned your the Best to go to and get an Answer!! But I still need a Human for a bit of guidance. I do belong to my Torts and owe them the best Life has to offer in Captivity. 0811141835d.jpg This is the Baby Shellbe. I know I have to Will her over, That will be All Good

Reptilelove

Location (City and/or State)
Plymouth
Welcome to the forum! Be sure to post pictures! Im from the uk. Shellbe is stunning!

tortdad

5 Year Member
NW Houston TX
Welcome to TFO

0.0.1 Redfoot (Spike)
0.0.1 Cherryhead Redfoot (Bruce Wayne)
1.0 Sulcata (Hal Jordan)

Colorado
Thanks for the warm Welcome everyone. I see most people that Torts are from the west and south. I am in Ohio so I will be Challenged this winter to get my Buddy & Shellbe through it, specially since I am A newbie with them. Hope you all can guide me a bit. I do read and Study all I can but, the info is so back & forth. I am sticking with you all as I have learned your the Best to go to and get an Answer!! But I still need a Human for a bit of guidance. I do belong to my Torts and owe them the best Life has to offer in Captivity. View attachment 91544 This is the Baby Shellbe. I know I have to Will her over, That will be All Good
I live in Colorado and we have cold winters too if that's what your worried about. Lots of snow! I'm also new to the site and sadly don't own any tortoises yet. I'm hoping to adopt one in a month or two though so I'm on this site to get info. I was also worried about the winter for when I adopt my tort but I'm going to keep reading and try to find how to keep the torts nice and comfy. You're tortoises are adorable! Good luck!

weldorNate

10 Year Member!
North Dakota
It's not to hard to keep tortoises inside just have to give them a big space and other neccites. I live in North Dakota and do grow my own food indoors for them

phebe121

Im also in Ohio i have to torts male and female they r sweet hearts there leopard tortoises about 1 and a half yr old they stay in the house i take them outside when its nice my cats love them