New to Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cpyle0819

5 Year Member
Hi all. I'm Corey from Florida. I joined just to interact with other owners and get advice when needed. I have two redfoots that I keep indoors because I live in an apartment. I use a coil UVB lamp (please advise. I read these are bad.) and a ceramic heat lamp. Their enclosure is a turned bookshelf with some cypress mulch substrate. I feed them various greens daily along with some calcium spray and dehydrated meal worms a few times a week. I also mist daily and heavily. Let me know if you see any glaring health issues. Thanks!

image-4155914761.png

Tortu, 3

image-3241781322.png

Squirt, 1

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi Corey:

Welcome to the Tortoise Forum!!

Your tortoises might benefit from a partially covered habitat. Covering it will keep the evaporating moist air inside for a longer period of time.

Madkins007

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Nebraska
Cpyle0819 said:
Hi all. I'm Corey from Florida. I joined just to interact with other owners and get advice when needed. I have two redfoots that I keep indoors because I live in an apartment. I use a coil UVB lamp (please advise. I read these are bad.) and a ceramic heat lamp. Their enclosure is a turned bookshelf with some cypress mulch substrate. I feed them various greens daily along with some calcium spray and dehydrated meal worms a few times a week. I also mist daily and heavily. Let me know if you see any glaring health issues. Thanks!

View attachment 14930

Tortu, 3

View attachment 14931

Squirt, 1

They look a little dry. keeping humidity up on an open table can be a pain in the neck, and what you do about it depends on your situation. I generally recommend some sort of cover or tent over the table, and I also like in-substrate waterproof heating elements.

There is a link in my signature that may help. Even if the stuff I wrote does not help, there are lots of links! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.