New to forum, need advice on my new horsefeild

Ben mccabe

You need to get a humidity gauge and measure it, pour water into the corners of your substrate or spray as necessary.
The CHE should be ok in the same place, but again measure your temps.
The set up can be expensive and take time, I know, but afterwards life's comparatively easy for you both, honest!

Hey, looking at changing the substrate to coco coir packed down and dampened with warm water, I was also thinking of some sphagnum moss in his cave on one side where he sleeps to help humidity, what do you think?

Thanks Ben

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Fes, Morocco
I agree with the coco coir. It's what I and a great many members here use, I think it's great.
I don't use sphagnum moss myself, but many people do, it's very good at holding water but some torts decide to eat it, which is not good if they eat too much. Not harmful, I don't think, just stops them eating other food so much.
Some like it, some don't.
Give it a try if you like.

Ben mccabe

I agree with the coco coir. It's what I and a great many members here use, I think it's great.
I don't use sphagnum moss myself, but many people do, it's very good at holding water but some torts decide to eat it, which is not good if they eat too much. Not harmful, I don't think, just stops them eating other food so much.
Some like it, some don't.
Give it a try if you like.

Ok thanks :) going to go find some today hopefully Berty likes it more then his soil and sand