New Quarantine Pen

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
I've been pondering where I can make some new quarantine pens because I only have a couple and sometimes I have more than "a couple" of rescues to put in them. So yesterday I spied the area behind my house, in the walkway to the barn. It's actually a great place and I don't know why I never thought of it before. The sun shines brightly there until afternoon, then it's shady. It's surrounded by cement on all sides. So here's what I ended up with. I put a temporary divider across the middle because right now I have two male Russians looking for new homes:

quarantine pen a.jpg quarantine pen b.jpg quarantine pen c.jpg

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Amazing the room one can find when it comes to an animal isn't it? Looks like a great place and nice you were able to get two out of it.
Love the one lonely cactus pad.

Alicia Hoogstra

I think it's incredible how much you think of helping so many of our little helpless torts! What a great space

MichaelaW

5 Year Member
Harlingen, TX
Have you ever considered doing a photo tour of your property? The few photos I have seen make me long to see more. :)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Have you ever considered doing a photo tour of your property? The few photos I have seen make me long to see more. :)

It's not all it's cracked up to be. When I moved here 25 years ago I build all my pens with used/scrap lumber. It's all falling apart and is really in need of a make-over. But money's tight.

A few years ago, when I was up on the roof washing off the solar panels, I took pictures and posted them here. I'll try to find that thread.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
It was kinda' sad re-reading that old thread. So many of those members no longer post here anymore.