Not open for further replies.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
The last time my tortoise partner was here visiting he suggested fencing off a portion of the pond for the gulf coast box turtles (Terrapene carolina major). I had never given this a thought, but now it seemed like a pretty good idea. I was going to have to subdivide my other box turtle pens to make room for some Florida box turtles, and by moving the gulf coast, I wouldn't have to subdivide. Its a little hard to get a perspective because of the weeds and just the lay of the land, but here's the beginning. You can see where I'm starting back there where the green bucket is. The pen is going to be behind the filter:

03-22-13a_zps590aba98.jpg

Here you can see that I've got a start on the fence:

03-22-13c_zpsab851bdd.jpg

Here it is all populated. I usually pull weeds around the pond, but I'm thinking I'm going to leave the weeds for cover for the turtles. I have 1.3 turtles, with the male being the one on the hill with his head out. I didn't know how to build around the plumbing, so I just stacked bricks. I hope it will be ok:

03-23-13b_zpsb3f273ad.jpg

03-23-13a_zpsb2c32e19.jpg

Besides the caves into the hill made out of concrete pipe, there are three hiding places at the bottom right in front of where I'm standing, and out of the picture. I still have a bit of tweeking to do, and I also have to make them some sort of pond for their water.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
It looks nice. I like the weeds in with them. More natural looking. Post an update when you have their water source in. I love these kind of threads. Except, I get so jealous of the nice weather and you being able to work outside, it gets me a itching to be out, redoing my pond and tort area. Hopefully soon. Keep updating so I can at least day dream:D

luvpetz27

5 Year Member
Ohio USA
That is so exciting!! Looks great
so far! I cant wait to see it all
done!! :) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.