Status
Not open for further replies.

shellbabymom

5 Year Member
Hello everyone! I'm Emily from Pennsylvania. I live with my husband, 3 dogs (2 dachshunds and a beagle mix), and my greek tortoise named Atlas. I have had Atlas for about 6 months, although I'm not sure of his age exactly because I "rescued" him from petsmart in March. I took him to the vet immediately after purchasing him and he was happy and healthy and she said he is probably a few years old. He is also my first tortoise and what an amazing personality he has! I am so I love with him I have him tattooed on me! He's a great little guy and I just love to read and see other members posts and photos of there torts! What amazing animals they are!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using TortForum mobile app

Attachments

• 1377462855048.jpg
    1377462855048.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 30
  • 1377462877543.jpg
    1377462877543.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 30

kathyth

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Beaumont, CA.
Welcome to the forum! Your tortoise is beautiful!
Cool tortoise tattoo!
I can see he is a Civil War buff! :) :)

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and Welcome:). Be sure to keep your dogs away from your tortoise. No matter how well they are trained or how much you think the dogs and tort are best of friends, they are not and eventually the tort will get hurt or killed. There is a thread about how they don't mix and a thread just posted about a tortoise getting attacked by the family dog.

shellbabymom

5 Year Member
Me and my husband are history majors and apparently Atlas likes to study too! The dogs are always kept away from Atlas. The first time they saw him they went nuts ( they were in there crates when we brought him home). So they aren't allowed near him. So he's safe! I had a rabbit that one of the dogs tried to grab and that was the last time I ever let them around any small pets. They're great dogs but you just can't trust their instincts. Oh, the rabbit was fine he lives with a friend of ours now.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using TortForum mobile app

AnnV

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
SWFL
LOVE the tortoise tat!
I have been wanting to get a turtle/tort tat for a couple years now. Unfortunately the hubby hates the tattoos. So I have to do it on the sly. Plus I haven't come up with a good representative image.
Yours rocks! And you have beautiful skin!
Welcome

Ann from CT

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Welcome to the Forum, Emily!

Status
Not open for further replies.