New member from Ohio

Status
Not open for further replies.

yagyujubei

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Amish Country
Hello, I have been a lurker on this site for awhile, but couldn't access some things, so I guess it's time to introduce myself. My name's Dennis, and I live in north central Ohio. I have always had animals both exotic and more normal, and have had a special interest in reptiles.I have found much interesting info here already. I currently have 1.2.0 pardalis babcocki, 0.0.3 pardalis pardalis hatchlings, 0.0.1 Indian star hatchling, and some Eastern box turtles.I have had my male leopard about 2 years now, and I am hoping he will do his duty next season, and breed. I am sure I will continue to get good info from the many knowledgeble contributors, and perhaps, I will have something to contribute as well.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Dennis:

Welcome to the forum!! We're glad you've finally decided to join!

coreyc

10 Year Member!
Massachusetts
Hello welcome to the forum do have any pic's of your leo's you can post ?

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Welcome Dennis. Glad you decided to join. That's quite a user name. Haha.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Hi! I hope you soon will be sharing with us pictures of what sounds like a nice group of tortoises (and turtles:cool:). Glad you decided to officially join us. :)

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
Welcome to the forum Dennis :)

A tortoise keeper and an anime fan, good combination :D

Danny

yagyujubei

5 Year Member
Amish Country
Here are a couple of pice of my Leopards as per request.Female 11" and 5" female
000_1729.jpg

Here's my male 9 3/4" SCL
000_1726.jpg

Sweetness_bug

5 Year Member
MICHIGAN
Beautiful Leopard...I have a female i believe :) I love her to death! They are very neat and beautiful tortoises.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Wow Dennis. You are doing a great job of raising your leopards. They are pretty smooth compared to the norm. So nice to see that. I hope we see a lot more of that in the future. What is your method for keeping them so smooth? Looks like your smallest is the smoothest. Has your technique been improving over time?

yagyujubei

5 Year Member
Amish Country
Tom, The big female is pretty new, so I can't take credit for her.Not pyramided, kinda pillow tufted. The smallest I have had for about a year. She is very smooth, though a little rough textured. She has odd growing, or non-growing dorsal scutes, it looks like since she was very young. Any ideas what causes that? The guy I got her from fed fruit and romaine, and no water to drink ever. As far as husbandry goes, mine are outside whenever possible, daily soaks in warm water, the bigger ones weekly.I soak in deeper water than most, they're bouyant,and easily keep their heads out. In summer, I feed a lot of grape and mulberry leaves (almost gone for the year)daylilies, opuntia, plantain,dandelion and chopped hay mixed with mazuri, and a little romaine. I like to let them graze for at least an hour in the morning.

spikethebest

10 Year Member!
Southern California
Hey Dennis! I just made the connection to your TFO name. Glad the 3 leos you received from me are doing great!

Thanks for posting pics of your adults, and yes they look great! Please keep us updated on your Gpp Leos.

Status
Not open for further replies.