New Indoor Enclosure

deadheadvet

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Cary, NC
Boy, you can go crazy if you want to provide the best housing for your hobby. Hmm let's see: Heated floor check, Misting System check, Substrate check, UV Lighting check, Daylight bulbs overhead check, Land-water tubs for turtles check, Enough space check. Now I have to move them all in over the weekend. CHECK!20170210_151410_001.jpg

deadheadvet

10 Year Member!
Cary, NC
I froze all the substrate to keep the insect population down, so I have to wait till the Cypress Mulch has warmed up to get them in. The misting system is fantastic. Best system I think is the Climist set up. I have 11 misting tips set up on a timer to run 3 times a day for 2 minutes.

deadheadvet

10 Year Member!
Cary, NC
I got a great deal on the Waterland tubs. They are 72x34x14. Normally they are 395$ each. The company that had them was trying to clear inventory so I got them at 150$ each. Lucky I could pick them up in person.

deadheadvet

10 Year Member!
Cary, NC
These are Land Water Tubs. I am getting 6 Cuora galbinifrons on breeding loan. They will be split up in hopefully 3 pairs and see if I can get them to breed. They are such beautiful turtles, can't wait to get them. Hopefully next week.

Markw84

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sacramento, CA (Central Valley)
These are Land Water Tubs. I am getting 6 Cuora galbinifrons on breeding loan. They will be split up in hopefully 3 pairs and see if I can get them to breed. They are such beautiful turtles, can't wait to get them. Hopefully next week.
They are gorgeous turtles! What a treat to be able to work with them. Hope to see pictures when you get them.

Is the rest of your enclosure for your radiata?

Love the misting system. That's on my list to add to my next enclosure.

deadheadvet

10 Year Member!
Cary, NC
The room is split in half. Burmese Stars in one half and Radiata in the other. I just checked the eggs in the incubator and looks like I have at least 7 fertile eggs. Hopefully I won't **** this up this year as I did last year. Over watered the containers the eggs were in. This year, I am just keeping a dish of water on the top shelf of the incubator and replenishing it as needed.

Markw84

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
The room is split in half. Burmese Stars in one half and Radiata in the other. I just checked the eggs in the incubator and looks like I have at least 7 fertile eggs. Hopefully I won't **** this up this year as I did last year. Over watered the containers the eggs were in. This year, I am just keeping a dish of water on the top shelf of the incubator and replenishing it as needed.
Will that be your first Burmese hatch? What formula did you use for diapause?

deadheadvet

10 Year Member!
Cary, NC
Yes, it would be my first hatch. I cooled them down in a wine chiller set at 63F for 45 days. This is the female's 3rd clutch. I am optimistic this year so I won't repeat the same mistakes I made in the past.

Markw84

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Envious! I can't wait for mine to start producing. Maybe this fall I will get a few clutches. What time of year do your radiata lay? Do you have eggs from them incubating now?