New house?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexx

5 Year Member
I've decided I'm gona make my Herman tortoise a tortoise table :) I've looked at ones in shop but none of them are what I want really. I want it quite big for him and also I want to put a little ramp in to his bedroom coz he likes to climb. Can anyone give me any advice on what wood I should use please? I've read that laminate flooring is good to use and just to use super glue to glue the pieces together? And what substrate is best to use? I use wood chippings ATM but I've read that they aren't very safe for them incase they eat them? I've read so many different things on the Internet so I thought I'd get ure opinions as you all have tortoises ureselves :) thanku in advance :)

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southwest Washington
Yes, Plywood or Pine are both fine for a tort table. (Pine lumber has been seasoned and treated, not the same as pine bedding, which is a no-no).
The 'L' shape is great; that's my next pick.

Here is mine with a second level. I put anti skid strips on the ramp to help with nail trimming. Side are about 18" so the second level fits well.
IMG_0001-3.jpg

IMG_0002-1.jpg

I really like being able to feed him on the upper level, it makes cleaning up food scraps very easy. Now I just line it with newspaper with a tile on one end to feed off of.

Status
Not open for further replies.