New house for Maximus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nelsamye

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Seattle, WA
So I set up a new house for Maximus, he was in a zoo-med tortoise house before and I wanted to give him a little more exploring area. I found a 55gal storage bin at home depot that I think will work nicely for a while.
Cypress mulch bedding, coconut coir in his hide. Plenty of things to climb on or hide in. Whatever his previous owner was doing was making his shell start to pyramid, it's slight because he's so small, but I really want to put a stop to that right away. The info on this forum is quite helpful!

ImageUploadedByTortoiseForum1365553838.926382.jpg

ImageUploadedByTortoiseForum1365553866.082191.jpg

ImageUploadedByTortoiseForum1365553888.940760.jpg

Amy
Sulcata tortoise - Maximus

Last edited by a moderator:

theelectraco

5 Year Member
You should connect the tote to the zoomed house and give him even more room! I'm going to expand my zoo med house by attaching a cement mixing tray that is the same width.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I agree, attach the two. Also, check out Toms threads below for raising a smooth sulcata.

Nelsamye

5 Year Member
Seattle, WA
theelectraco said:
That is quite the bowl full of food for such a tiny tort :p

Haha yeah, it was the first time I used grassland pellets, they expanded a bit more than I thought, that will be adjusted for future pellet feedings!

theelectraco

5 Year Member
>.< I made the same mistake the first time I made them. My tortoise only gets two pellets, and I usually mix them into his fruits and greens.

Nelsamye

5 Year Member
Seattle, WA
It's a good idea to connect them, I'm on the process of designing/building a large tortoise table, so if that takes longer than expected putting them together might be a good interim fix.

theelectraco

5 Year Member
Or incorporate the zoo med house to connect to the table! I actually went to Home Depot tonight to get the cement mixing tubs to expand my cage and realized its not going to work so I need to come up with a diff idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.